Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SailorKen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2015, 12:23 PM
    Land Owner as Condo Owner on HOA Board
    The condos are on leased land. The land owner owns two condo units in the complex.
    The land owner has been elected to serve on the Home Owners Board of Directors, HOA.
    Where is the conflict of interest?
    There is opportunity for undue interest / influence by the Land Owner on possible community issues.
    How best to handle this?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2015, 12:59 PM
    Why do you think so? If he is an owner, that should entitle to serve on the board. It would be up to the other board members to see that he doesn't unduly influence decisions that can affect his lease holding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owner-occupied Condo with a roommate NJ [ 8 Answers ]

Hey Everyone :) I am in a lot of stress because of my living situation. I let a woman who was homeless & unemployed and sleeping in her car(because she was evicted from her last place due to needed construction work in the house) into my condo (Oct 27th). She is sharing a 2BR and 2 Bathroom...

Contacting HOA board? Problems with my newly bought condo. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a condo in Southern California/Orange County area in November. I was gone on vacation in Dec for about 3 weeks. When I came back, I saw sewage water in my Condo. Apparently, the main line had clogged and the water backed up and pretty much flooded my place. After talking to the...

Owner selling condo. What next? [ 5 Answers ]

I signed a 1 yr. lease when I moved in 4 yrs. Ago. The owner just informed me that he put the condo on the market. Since I technically don't have a lease, how much notice do I need to give before I move out? What if it sells immediately, how much notice does the new owner need to give me? I will...

Can a land owner, who has his land verbally given to heirs, change his will after h? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a land owner, who has given his land verbally to his children, change his will about the property if he has been in a mental for depression. He has not been legally declared legally incompetent as of yet.

Fellow condo owner not paying condo or any fees [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all.. Hey, have a situation here with 3 condominiums, 2 pay all bills on time the other is about 5 months behind on all bills. This is rough as he has finally fallen behind enough to have tapped out the reserves and next month we (the other 2 condo owners) will finally have to start dipping...

View more questions Search