Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kernman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2015, 08:21 PM
    Honeywell Zone Valve- V8043-1012- Safe to run in MANUAL LOCK?
    I have 2 zone heat- Hot Water baseboard up and down-typical bi-Level.

My downstairs thermostat calls for heat but the boiler will not turn on. I replaced the power motor in the Honeywell V8043-1012 zone Valve- Still no heat- the lever now works as it slowly goes back to AUTO when I move it over to Manual ( NOT LOCKED)
    * Tested the Thermostat etc- It's OK*

I had it locked in MANUAL for about 5 days before I put the new power motor in this past Saturday so I had heat from the other zone when it came on for upstairs and the hot water flowed into the downstairs baseboard also.

I also had a water pressure build up to 30/32 psi + and I had excessive steam from the over flow pipe etc. I had to keep opening the pressure valve, plus I bled the lines with a hose attachment to try and get any air etc out and got it back to normal 18/20/psi.

I don't know if the manual lock caused this or not?

* I'm going to probably have to replace the entire Valve ( maybe it's a bad end-switch?) but before I can do this, I need to know is it OK to keep this valve in the MANUAL LOCK position until I can replace it?*

Thanks for any help.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2015, 11:41 AM
    If you lock it open & disconnect the wiring, that zone will heat anytime the other zone calls. By leaving the thermostat wires connected, the lever will probably return to auto anytime the stat calls for heat & is then satisfied. If you leave the end switch connected, the circulator will run all the time.

You can replace the entire power head without having to replace the valve body. It is usually cheaper to buy a whole valve instead of just the power head but you can take it apart & just use the head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell boiler zone valve [ 0 Answers ]

I have my expansion tank replaced as it was full of water. There was heat for a few days and then there was no heat. . The plumber came back and replaced my zone valve model V8043G1018 and the plumber asked what temp. do I like the room temp. at? I replied 20 degrees C. I was not there to see...

Help with honeywell zone valve v8043e1012 [ 0 Answers ]

Two days ago my plumber moved my thermostat to a new position in our lower level (in-floor radiant). 36 hours later the temp had dropped 10 degrees. When looking at the zone valve (honeywell v8043e1012) the motor (a replacement) was very hot and when I pulled it off it keep running as long as the...

Honeywell zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

What does the "manual" position of the Honeywell 4000 4850 001 zone valve do? Does it by pass the thermostat and not operate the valve so that the valve stays closed all the time?

Honeywell zone valve [ 1 Answers ]

The valve does not open when I call for heat. The manual lever is stuck in one position and I am unable to move it in any direction. I have an older style valve which I suspect I have to replace. Will the new motorized valve mount to the old body or do I have to replace the body as well?

View more questions Search