Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zebbie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2015, 02:08 PM
    My ADT alarm monitor is showing telecom failure.
    I cancelled my alarm contract several years ago I didn't pay the light on the monitor any notice until a few days ago when it started to alarm. I remembered the code and put it in. the alarm stopped for a while then went off again through out the day and intermintent thereafter. My real concern is that I have lost service to my telephone and can not make outgoing calls and can not receive calls. I have checked with my service provider and checked the hand set. The problem lies with ADT who will not assist me because I cancelled with them. I tried disabling the battery and the whole alarm system. I still have loss of telephone service Any suggestions.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2015, 05:34 AM
    I know this is late, and hopefully your issue has been resolved by now.

Somewhere in the alarm control box there should be a connection to your phone lines.
    If you disconnect the alarm from your house's phone wiring, you will remove it as a cause of your phone problems.

I'm not sure what alarm panel you might have, but here is a photo of a common panel:
    Name:  alarmphone.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  221.4 KB

Look for connections labeled "Tip" and "Ring". These are the phone connections. Just remove them from the terminal strip and tape them individually to keep from shorting out.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancelled ADT outside alarm went off [ 1 Answers ]

How do I disable the system completely? The red light is on outside and that's where an alarm went off this morning. I pushed a tab button and the alarm stopped for now, but Im certain it will go off again. How do I prevent that and disable the system altogether?

Adt home alarm systems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We canceled after our contract was up. I switched to VOIP, now the alarm bleeps every 24 hours saying communication error and phone line problem. ** only works the day it happens which is everyday. Now to top that the battery in the wireless smoke alarm went out after replacing it, we...

Adt alarm fc question [ 4 Answers ]

If I didconnect the battery from the command box will my fc light stop flashing, but will the alarm sou and still alert me if doirs open >Threads merged<

ADT alarm problem [ 2 Answers ]

Adt alarm not set but stars bleeping randomly, was happening occastionaly every couple of days but now every 10 minutes or so, also green light constantly flashing

View more questions Search