Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luthilaquita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2015, 03:44 AM
    My ex won't leave
    My and my girlfriend have split up and I want her to move out of my house. She doesn't have any bills in her name and has never paid anything to live there. The house is in my name and my daughters name. How can I get her to leave quickly? My daughter has told me that my ex is also doing drugs in the house and I don't want that around my daughter. I don't want to have to wait 30 days. What can I do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 04:06 AM
    Laws vary by location, so your general location is important. With that said, you serve her with a formal eviction notice.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2015, 04:33 AM
    An eviction is going to take at least 30 days. Some states have 'lodger' laws for roommates and relatives sharing the same space as you, but not many. Paying rent or not is not relevant. So your only other resort is to secretly tape her doing drugs, or get some other good proof, and tell her to get out or you call the cops. You could also ask your police station about a restraining order. Whatever you decide, follow through!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 05:56 AM
    Agree, 30 days may just be the notice before you start legal evictions. She has been living there and you will need to follow eviction proceedings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult child Won't Leave House and won't pay rent. [ 20 Answers ]

Our 24 year old daughter was supposed to move out by March 30, 2008. She does not pay rent. She has broken her promises to us over and over. Now she says her apartment will not be ready until May 1. We knew she would keep postponing but what can we do? My husband wants to just change the locks...

Why won't she leave? [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 4 years recently broke up with me saying that she loves me but she's not in love with me. She said she has no intentions on working things out with me and just wants to be single and do her own thing. We share an apartment together with both of our names on the lease but my parents...

He won't leave [ 42 Answers ]

I have been in a bad relationship for too many years. It has been stagnant for the last few years. I have told my husband to leave three times over the last two years. The last confrontation I said it 6 times. He doesn't acknowledge it when I say it or act as if I have ever suggested it. I am not...

Ex not on lease will not leave.landlord gave her 30 days.still won't leave? [ 12 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend and I were on a lease and it expired 7/15/09. I signed a new lease with only me on it. She will not leave. She stated the landlord had to give her 30 more days to leave. The landlord then sent a certified letter stating she had to leave in 30 days. She will not leave. What rights...

View more questions Search