Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaron1212 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2015, 11:45 PM
    She told me she will be with me but she needs time
    I'm going to try to cut this short. My ex of 4 years we have 4 kids I'm 22. There was a time in our relationship when I went through a dark time, feeling like I was useless and I was angry all the time because I felt like I couldn't take care of her and the kids like they deserve and I made the mistake of shutting everyone out including her *sigh* not realizing she can one day leave. She she did just that and I learned that another guy was in the picture eventually, once I learned I snapped out of it and my pride dropped lower than low and I chased her and I chased hard. She was being really cold to me she had so much anger toward me because why am I fighting hard now when I just shut the world out. I just figured that even in my darkest hour you'll stand by me. But I made my mistake.

So she deal with this guy for a while now, he is a drug dealer and possessive. He says he love her but he don't know anything about her. Fact of the matter is she keep telling me things I want to hear but then take it away from me and if we have sex she will say I didn't respect because I should have had more control. She had sex with the other guy twice. And I forgave it she said she felt like she betrayed me. Hmm just yesterday she told me she don't deserve me because I'm still there saving her since day one and that I didn't deserve her bad treatment.

They so called broke it off because she got angry and he didn't know how to deal with her so he made it worse and she broke a glass bottle and was gonna get him so he blocked.her number and called her crazy. Now she says she loves me, calls me babe, she see that future with me but we will build that in time, just give her time she said, take things slow.

What do you guys make of this? Oooh she said messing with him was like a high but she's weening off it. Lately she been giving me her full attention. So what should I do now ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 12:29 AM
    Oh the drama! Support your children, but leave her alone. Neither one of you are capable of a healthy relationship with each other. 22 and 4 kids?!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 12:30 AM
    You sound like plan 2, if she can not find someone else, before.

Have some respect, stop chasing her, and move on with your life.

Feb 23, 2015, 04:27 AM
    Yes, she had a son I been there for the pregnancy and stuff but not my.biological son, she was 16, but in 2012 we had a son and nine month after we were pregnant again with twin girls. She's only older than me by a few months technically a year.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2015, 04:45 AM
    Popping out babies starting at 16, living off welfare and men, any man whowill support her and her kids and put up with her disastrous life probably fromwhen she was little ­ and who knows about you? Are you the same? Do youhave a trade, a job or career, a life? If not, take some time off from thinkinglife is about trying to get meaning from another person! Ask around aboutskills training ­ what about something in the building trades, like electrician, HVAC, carpenter, plumber. You owe it to your CHILDREN. You and she need to grow up. She probably won't, so you have to draw back.

Feb 23, 2015, 05:31 AM
    Hmmm, I'm working security at the moment. The children live with me at the moment have been for a year now. I love my babies and I'm going to do the best for them. Its just she was my first everything. The hardest thing I ever had to do was let go of someone I'm in love. But most would say they don't see a relationship, they see a father and daughter relationship. I was like really ? I spent so much of my time trying to save her because I want my kids to have their mother in their life andi don't want her to do something ridiculous that prevent her time with them. I know these things are more than enough reasons, I never really had experience with this love stuff . This is my first real time. I still have a lot of growing up to do and life to live. It be tough though because I be feeling like mommy and daddy because she get real lazy or is it because that's how I spoiled her during our time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 05:47 AM
    You want to save her? You can't, that only happens in fairy tales, not real life. She has to save herself and she won't until she sees there is a real problem. The issue here is that she had her first child at the tender age of 16. She never had a chance to live her teen years, so she's doing it now.

Do you have all 4 children or only the 3 between you? You have no obligation to the first child. Also, does she pay you child support? Is this custody arrangement court ordered?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 08:11 AM
    You have the kids and you work, so where is she? Does she contribute and help you play mommy AND daddy? How does she support herself? Love is great when it's working, but this isn't working at all so forget that love crap and handle your business like a responsible mommy and daddy should.

You both have screwed up, and made a mess, you have kids, and need to clean it up for THEM, whether you are together, or never get back together. You need a plan that works, and doesn't depend on love, and if you cannot get one together, the court can and will act in the best interest of the children.

I really do need more info as to the finances and living arrangements rather than the messed up emotional turmoils of two kids, with kids, who are lost in themselves. YOU need to figure out a way to handle your business in an orderly fashion, with or without her, but for sure not dependent on her.

Get beyond the sex, and promises, they are meaningless and distracting, and lose the guilt, and shame of past bad behavior on YOUR part. Deal with what you have TODAY, and please answer the simple questions above.

You are hardly the only one who has gone down this road of a broken relationship with kids involved, and they find a way, and eventually, so will you.
    current pert

Feb 23, 2015, 10:27 AM
    How can you work security (usually at least a 40 hr/week job) and be sole parent, as well as make enough to support 3 or 4 kids? Sorry to quiz you about the nuts and bolts but they are important.

Feb 23, 2015, 10:38 AM
    The reason I can work security is because I have my parents watch them for me while I work, and to answer the other question I have all 4 of them because they aren't to be separated,I raised my step son and Hus father bailed on him. My parents give me the chance to save up and save up and save up, I am a fire arm officer, make 20 an hour just going to each MTA MetroCard machine. No she doesn't pay anything at all. I have my entire evening with the kids. I work all.morning and afternoon. I know my focus is my children I better get even more focused. Its just I step away and she come find me and tell me these things and I let them get to me. Ah! I feel like I lead myself on now because I should know better now. I use to think perhaps I'm paying for that dark period and I don't get too mad because I know she hasn't had much time to live her life at all. I don't trip for that reason she didn't get to have a fun childhood it was always school and home. So she living it up now. The naive thing I did was hold on to the words "forever" so when told that I engrave it in my heart and I'm ready.
    current pert

Feb 23, 2015, 11:02 AM
    Thank you very much for all that background. I'm glad that you are the father and parent of these lucky children.
    My only advice is to take her wish to be back in your life slowly. Be blunt. She has to prove that she can work on being more adult and responsible. Write a contract if you think that might work, like a parent putting chores on the wall. She may spend years refusing to give up the 'fun' she didn't get. But children means she has to. Or else she doesn't get to be their mother.
    As for your hurting heart, take deep breaths, tell yourself over and over why she is the way she is, love your children and watch their love and happiness, enjoy what you can. You are still so young and stlll have many years to think about finding a woman who isn't all screwed up.

Feb 23, 2015, 11:14 AM
    Thank you so much, I never really been too much of an emotional person until I met her. I waited 4 years to be with her I know silly but she was worth the wait for me I seen her in 9th grade, finally got her senior year I even wanted her when she as pregnant with my step son when she broke up with that guy before but she said no you deserve to live your life and no get messed up with mine. I wanted to treat her better practically all my life X.X I will tell myself that. Thank you guys and thank you Joypulv. My heart just never learned how to give up on anything it believed in
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 11:21 AM
    Glad you have your parents in your corner, but I suggest you handle your business like she will never come back from her vacation from responsibility. I suggest the relationship has changed from love to STRICTLY BUSINESS, just so your heart can heal, and you can find peace and happiness for yourself.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst, but no more begging for her to return, or sex with her. She uses it to keep you a confused moron, and no, that childhood of no fun is NO EXCUSE for bad behavior.

Stand up for yourself friend, and stop falling for her crap. Just in case she never grows up and accepts her responsibilities. You have children to protect. Curious as to what your parents say about what you should do about her?

Your call but the heart should be ignored in favor of the facts your brain is telling you.

Feb 23, 2015, 11:44 AM
    You're right! Its time I get it together, I have 4 little ones that need me more than anyone. Thanks I'll do just that
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 11:49 AM
    I wish you much luck, and think it will get better as you get better. You have much to get better for.
    Expert

Feb 23, 2015, 03:14 PM
    I had to add that I can bet she had her fun with her boyfriend who got her pregnant in HS! In addition I have a feeling she may come back pregnant again, since you have already shown not only a willingness to forgive her, but will raise a child that's not yours, or worse believe it is yours.

Again, don't have sex with her guy, you have more kids than you can handle already, and obviously she has too many. It would be foolish to fall for the never had a fun childhood in light of what's going on. She should be having fun with her husband and family.

Feb 23, 2015, 03:48 PM
    truth be told
    Truth be told I examine her all the time she has these cravings, mood swings and her body is doing things that only a pregnant woman would do but I keep silent. Her back only hurts when she is pregnant, one time she started crying out of nowhere. She constant craving beef patties I keep quiet but one thing that's going to sound weird but pregnant woman has a specific scent when pregnant radiating from them when they urinate and I smelled it strong coming from the bathroom. I know this because my mother gave off the smell when I was little when having my little sister and my kids mother gave off the scent when with both pregnancies and o smell it now. Um yeah now if this is that guys kid then wow , I wouldn't know what to say. She got an appointment to be checked march 13 but she doubt she pregnant but it radiates heavy from.her pores with the first son my son, I told her "you're pregnant" and she says no I'm not the doctor told her she wasn't either and I said yes you are trust me!!! You are and it turn out I was right, no pregnancy test needed. And she giving that scent off strong and she been eating alot, but she has IUD but it seem like it has defenses has been penetrated

Feb 25, 2015, 09:18 AM
    She is dealing with someone possessive and controlling
    My children's mother have broke up with me after 4 years because of a dark period in our relationship I was stressed about not being able to take care of her and the kids so I shut her out. Ok I'll explain the rest later but she has been talking to this drug dealer and he recently pushed her into the wall. And she think she could be pregnant with his or my baby and he told her if she kill the baby that he will.hurt me so she is scared and feel like she has to be miserable with him to keep me safe and she was crying last night. I told her don't worry about me I'll be fine, she then tells me that she don't deserve me because after all this time I still strive to try to make sure she is loved somewhere. Although she got herself into this loop I feel like I did something wrong. Listen I need her to he safe she is my kids mother.I also said this make my dark period seem like a cake walk huh? She suddenly appreciate all I've done for her. Hmm should I let time go one and do my thing and see what happens ? I was ready to hurt this guy but she told me to trust her that he will grow tired in time. Even the most harsh answers I'm ready for but seriously this is too far. I really do love her even after 4 years and all this.
    Expert

Feb 25, 2015, 10:03 AM
    I wouldn't trust her judgement for Schitt!! Nor believe any of her CRAP!! She either comes home to stay, or she stays in the crap she made. Not tomorrow, NOW.

I cut my loses because my kids don't deserve this baby mama, nor should you invest another thought to this dimwit. Get custody legally and she gets gone.

Baby mama... what a joke, on YOU!

Feb 25, 2015, 10:12 AM
    You know what you're actually right, I just want her to be all right because god forbid she get a black eye or something how will I allow her to face the kids

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have to be told no to sex all the time? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been friends for six years and then we entered a relationship. We have been together for 9 months now and out of the nine months he has only initiated sex maybe once or twice. Often times he flat out tells me no we are not doing "it". I feel rejected of course but I have...

He told me yesterday he needed some self time [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend owns his own business. Yesterday he said he wanted some self time, so I didn't see him yesterday,I didn't call or text him today. Then tonight he called and asked if I could work for his business tomorrow. We usually see each other 5 days out of 7 and now this.

Girlfriend told me she needs "me time and time to think"... What does she mean? [ 6 Answers ]

So I have been dating this girl for about 2 1/2 months and it has been very good she says she loves me and I love her too but she recently told me that she needs "me time and time to think". What does she mean by this? She had someone close to her die a couple months ago (her ex) and its still...

My Father once told me he despised me the first time he saw me. [ 3 Answers ]

I really don't like him. Below is a letter I written to send to my father, but, I have not got the courage. Further to your last phone call I think it's time I did some explaining, firstly I was offended and upset by your call, why because you were shouting at me again. You stated you had...

My girlfriend told me that she need some time. [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend doesn't call me like she used to. then when i text her, it took a while to get her reply back. that's why i'm so confused:confused:. so then i went to her work to talk to her. i asked her what is her problem and why she just changed suddenly then she told me that she just need...

View more questions Search