Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SilverShamrock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2015, 01:13 PM
    Would you be physically intimate with someone you weren't sexually attracted to?
    This is really a question for women only:

Would you ever be sexually intimate (not necessarily including intercourse) with someone to whom you weren't physically attracted - even if you thought they were an absolutely amazing person in every other way? Have you ever been in that situation?

How did it turn out? Did you wind up together? Were you happy? Satisfied? Fulfilled?

Or alternately, have you ever gotten involved with someone whom you weren't sexually attracted to at first - but as you got to know them, your physical attraction for them increased?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 21, 2015, 01:27 PM
    The old joke runs: Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes straight to the bone.

The lesson to learn is that if you're beautiful inside, the outside will take care of itself. Be a person you would like to know and stay healthy and your beauty will show.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Feb 21, 2015, 02:44 PM
    If I would have loved that person's heart, and if I loved him truly and I knew he loves me too then there is a possibility of expressing my love physically (except intercourse) too regardless of whether I was physically attracted to him or not. I guess, the respect and love between each other would have lead to me to notice him further physically and appreciate his physicality and then that would lead me to get attracted towards him physically. For me man's heart comes first then how he look. And this is true story. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2015, 01:19 AM
    I believe physical attraction is the least and perhaps worst reason people get together. You will see people here, complain sex is bad, because husband does not like women gaining weight, or after 10 years, the physical attraction is gone.

True attraction has to be for the person, the feelings of real friendship and love, that have nothing to do with looks, If that person tomorrow, was in a fire and disfigured, would they still be attractive to you?

If looks is all there is, there is nothing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 22, 2015, 03:12 AM
    Whenever I met a man I really liked beyond regular friendly like, any former feelings that he wasn't attractive to me physically magically morphed into feelings that he was. When I was young, I was sure I had a 'type' of person I'd find attractive, but that all flew out the window sometime in about 40 years of relationships.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 22, 2015, 07:48 AM
    Many people mistake lust for love and act on it. Many others though, grow to love without the lust, over time. Even more people hope the lust turns to love, and regret when it doesn't.

Even love can change over time, and become complicated. Why do you ask such a question?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 22, 2015, 08:57 AM
    No. Sex should be the very last consideration, only after you know someone very well.

To offer that level of intimacy without substance, means nothing.
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 12, 2015, 09:20 AM
    In a word... No. If I'm not "sexually" attracted to someone. Why would I have sex with them?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 10:15 AM
    I have to be sexually attracted to a man, to have sex with him. It happens once in a blue moon though. I have a FWB, we have always been sexually attracted to each other, it has never wained. But it ends there and there is nothing else between us but a super attraction. Go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal to be romanticly attracted to someone, but not intimate [ 3 Answers ]

I enjoy cuddling and displaying affection towards someone I am in a relationship with, but I don't have much of a desire to be intimate with that person.

My fiancé is not physically attracted to me [ 7 Answers ]

I finally understand what it means when you stop seeing the world through Rose colored glasses. Rose colored glasses must represent love. I don't know if I knew that before or if it was somehow unclear or if it was just something I never thought too much of. Last night those glasses were shattered...

Not physically attracted to my first boyfriend of four years [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not really sure if I want to be with my boyfriend anymore. I'm 21 and have been with him for almost five years now. I just feel like he is more of a friend than a boyfriend, and I really don't feel attracted to him at all. I feel like that's a really shallow reason to be questioning our...

Not physically attracted. [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with a really wonderful lady for over 6 months now. She is intelligent, very attractive and just a wonderful person. I am emotionally attracted to her. We get along very well and always have a great time together. Of late, she has been leaning towards getting...

View more questions Search