Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitebee84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2015, 06:21 PM
    Alcohol testing
    My p.o. is going to start giving me alcohol tests and said he has a test that can measure if I have had alcohol in the last 45 days. I believe it's called a EtG test but I'm not 100% on that. Is there a test that can actually measure that far back if you had a drink and if not then what is the farthest back a alcohol test can detect alcohol?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 06:24 PM
    Why do you want to know? You're on probation, you're not supposed to drink as part of your probation. So why the need to know how far back ETG testing can go?

The only reason you'd need this info is if you plan to cheat the tests, if you plan to drink.

We won't help you cheat. Sorry.

Feb 19, 2015, 06:30 PM
    No, I'm not looking to cheat or drink. I feel this will be good for me and welcome it. The reason I ask is because eveyone that I have told about this says there no way the test can go back that far. I'm just wondering g if it's true Or not.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebee84 View Post
    No, I'm not looking to cheat or drink. I feel this will be good for me and welcome it. The reason I ask is because eveyone that I have told about this says there no way the test can go back that far. I'm just wondering g if it's true Or not.
    Unless they've come up with a new test, your friends are right. An alcohol test cannot go back 45 days. Just think about it, you drink, your body processes it, you pee it out, and it's gone. No way alcohol stays in your system for 45 days, it just isn't possible.

Now other drugs, pot, cocaine, prescription drugs, etc. etc, they stay in your system, become a part of it, and can definitely be tested for 45 days later, and even later than that.

ETG usually leaves your system within 80 hours. Having said that, some people have failed ETG tests long after that 80 hour mark, but nowhere near 45 days later, unless they drank again before then.

Hope that helps.

Stay clean, and if you need help dealing with staying clean, ask for it, that's what we're here for. :)

Feb 19, 2015, 06:41 PM
    Thank you for the input. As far as drugs I have to worries there as I do not do them. And I'll be on probation for the next 18 months and look forward to trying to be on the wagon for as long as I can. I guess in a way it's bitter sweet. Again thank you for the help and letting me come to you.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 06:51 PM
    Thank you for the input. As far as drugs I have to worries there as I do not do them. And I'll be on probation for the next 18 months and look forward to trying to be on the wagon for as long as I can. I guess in a way it's bitter sweet. Again thank you for the help and letting me come to you.
    No problem. I hope you succeed. It won't be easy, but it's totally doable. If you're tempted, post here and we'll whip you into shape. ;)

Feb 19, 2015, 06:53 PM
    Lol thanks, I'm sure there will be a point where I'll need help in not having a drink.
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 06:59 PM
    Lol thanks, I'm sure there will be a point where I'll need help in not having a drink.
    That's human. Just ask for help before you slip up, and always remember that you're in a position that if you slip up, it could mean jail. That's a great motivator to stay clean.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2015, 08:47 AM
    Just to clear you up a bit, the standard urine test given by a PO can detect alcohol for 3 to 5 days depending on many factors, and a fail for any reasons can be confirmed by ordering a more extensive follow up test done by a lab, and NOT a quick result test.

The lab can tell to a great degree of accuracy if you drank or used any drugs for 45 days prior. Cold medicines, and prescription drugs and common products can also be detected and mistaken for the illegal kinds they test for, so full disclosure to your doctor before he writes a script is a great idea.

Alty is correct in suggesting to reach out BEFORE you drink, to get through a tough patch of temptations, and save yourself the guilt, and stress that worrying about failure brings. Also don't try to cheat either, as that has consequences of deception, because that too is easily detected by simple science as well.

Try AA and get some fact as well as people to support you the right way through this probation, and don't squander the opportunity to learn the joys of a sober, guilt free life beyond and during your probation.

Good luck, it gets better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol testing [ 0 Answers ]

If I had 7 vodka and koolaid drinks on Tuesday and have to take an EtG urine on Friday will it show up in the urine. Please help

Alcohol testing [ 0 Answers ]

If I drank on a Saturday night would it show up on a test Thursday morning?

Alcohol Testing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am asking if I had approximately 7 shots of vodka on Tuesday and h;ave to go for alcohol testing on Friday will it show up in my urine. I am 5.5 125lbs, and scared to death. If I fail they are threatening to put me back in jail. I am scared to death. Also is there any way I can clean out...

Alcohol testing EtG testing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a etg/alcohol test 10 days ago and had wine the evening prior? I have not heard back from the lab. Has anyone failed or passed with having alcohol in their system? Thank you. Really stressed and very stupid!!

View more questions Search