Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Isa92 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2015, 01:15 PM
    First yeast infection? SOS!
    I think I'm having my first ever yeast infection... I'm 22, and I'm on vacation (of course) I can't go see my doctor obviously, so I need some advice. I have access to cvs, Walgreens, target, etc. I was thinking monistat? But it says don't use it without seeing your doctor first?

I'm on vacation with my boyfriend and its making me uncomfortable so I need some answers.

Thank you.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 01:51 PM
    I would go with the Monistat oral with external anti-itch cream. That is what my wife likes.

It is an anti-fungal, you should be safe to take it without seeing your doctor first.

Feb 18, 2015, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    I would go with the Monistat oral with external anti-itch cream. That is what my wife likes.

It is an anti-fungal, you should be safe to take it without seeing your doctor first.
    What about just the one you insert vaginally? I usually have allergic reactions with all pills. Isn't there just ones you insert vaginally?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2015, 02:48 PM
    Yes there is... any of the major brands that offer a resolution in a single application. Wife preferred those to the ones that need reapplication over several days. Of course you will want to wear a panty liner for the next several days if you use those. Always been very effective for my wife.

Feb 18, 2015, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Yes there is... any of the major brands that offer a resolution in a single application. Wife preferred those to the ones that need reapplication over several days. Of course you will want to wear a panty liner for the next several days if you use those.
    And no intercourse right?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2015, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Isa92 View Post
    And no intercourse right?
    No... It would be messy to start with... and its only a couple days to refrain from that, He'll survive, Trust me... been married 25 years and its not killed me yet.. It might even reduce its effectiveness. They are effective because a sufficient dose will be applied. Some of that will get squished out lowering that amount significantly. Some might be pushed into your uterus which I don't think would be a good thing at all.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 03:24 PM
    The vaginal suppository does work. It is just a little more "Ick". As well I would talk with the boyfriend to see if he's itchy. Men can get yeast infections in the foreskin. Often times they don't even know it is there and will reinfect their partners. Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 06:47 PM
    Also try eating yogurt. Make sure it's plain yogurt. Yogurt is a natural cure to yeast infections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

I had a yeast infection so I went to the doctor and got medication it went away but when me and my boyfriend had sex it came back so is it possible that he has a yeast infection also and if so what does he need to do to cure it?

Yeast infection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my penis is itchy and the skin has gone dry at end it also hurts when I pull the foreskin back as it has gone really tight I have a few cut marks as if my skins splitting but it seems the skin is very tight

Yeast infection [ 2 Answers ]

So I think I have a yeast infection but it is getting better or so I thought , I have now gotten a weird red rough rash on the outside of my vagina lips sort of and I'm getting quite woried again... whats happening ? Is it a side effect of a yeast infection ? I am twelve & have never had sex but...

Yeast infection [ 2 Answers ]

I think I have a yeast infection but I've never had one but my vagina hurts when I pee sometimes and I have a clear yellow discharge what do I do to get rid of this?

Yeast infection [ 3 Answers ]

I just came back from the urineologist and found out that I have a yeast infection. I always practiced safe sex is it possible to get a yeast infection from oral sex. What are the other ways for a man to have a yeast infection. Can I get a yeast infection from spermicidal lubricant,...

View more questions Search