Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nisha Solanki Posts: 34, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 18, 2015, 08:13 AM
    How long can a dead body be kept at home ?
    My question is simple how long can a dead body be kept at home ?
    And the reason is simpler. I want to know it because I am a play writer and I do not know how much time I should keep ? Because in the play I have to show that the female is kept there for years so Can it be years like 10 or around ?
    Thanks for reading. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 08:19 AM
    It will depend upon location, in US most states have laws regarding disposal of a body.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It will depend upon location, in US most states have laws regarding disposal of a body.
    So do most religions. Many writers use literary license thought to enhance the story despite the laws and traditions in place.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 09:41 AM
    There are ways to preserve/mummify a dead body for indefinite keeping at home (for your play, of course!). Do you want to write in an explanation for your readers? If so, you can do some research on this. Check with a local funeral home, the reference desk at your public library, and/or just Google. (There are a number of novels that have used this as part of the storyline.)
    Nisha Solanki Posts: 34, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 19, 2015, 10:51 AM
    In my story, the dead body is kept in for several years. So I just want to know that whether a body can't be kept in any particular place especially like home ? I tried to search on Google but I didn't find appropriate answer. In my story, a females body is kept in old flat house. So is it scientifically proper ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisha Solanki View Post
    In my story, the dead body is kept in for several years. So I just want to know that whether a body can't be kept in any particular place especially like home ? I tried to search on Google but I didn't find appropriate answer. In my story, a females body is kept in old flat house. So is it scientifically proper ?
    Yes. Be sure the body is in a confined, cool, dry place and protected from insects -- a closet, small shed or garage, unplugged refrigerator or chest freezer, etc. Hoarders who died beneath collapsed stacks of newspapers that then covered them were later found mummified. Google "how to mummify a body" or "conditions to mummify a body" (without quote marks).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dead human body [ 6 Answers ]

What does of human body after death? Is our body convert to anything after death? Ts there is any connection of human body with soal? Is any connection of human body with soal?

How do you get rid of a dead body? [ 61 Answers ]

Donīt worry, I didnīt kill anyone, and I know this is a bit morbid BUT... I have drama at school, and I chose it, because all my friends went etc. but it is a really stupid subject, with a really stupid teacher. Okay, and she like gave us this task: "How do you get rid of a dead body...

How long does it take for your body to expel a dead fetus? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. I have a concern. On March 12th 2011, I found out I was pregnant with baby#2. The day before I noticed pinkish discharge. To my thought, AF was on her way. Anyway. The spotting became pretty presistant ranging from brown to pink along with dull/mild cramps that went around to my lower back....

View more questions Search