Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davecoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2015, 07:23 PM
    Gas furnace pilot
    Do you know what the preset limits should be set at to get the most heat. Meaning the high heat limit, the next setting can't be moved on the small metal wheel it is a fixed setting and then the fan off setting. I moved them and I don't think its right the house stays cold.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2015, 08:51 PM
    It sounds like you have an old style fan/limit control. Working from low to high on the temperature scale, the switches are: Fan off, Fan on, & High Limit. When making any adjustments to the switches, it is extremely important to hold the wheel still & move only the pointers. Fan off should be around 100*; Fan on 120*; & the limit is usually not adjustable but in no case should it be over 200*.

If you have allowed that dial to turn while making adjustments, you could have damaged the control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is [ 0 Answers ]

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is present. I've tried to light up the pilot burner with a gas grill light and it works.

Gas furnace pilot [ 1 Answers ]

MY GAS FURNACE PILOT WILL NOT STAY LIT.. THX for any input help... PIPFRE

Gas furnace has an intermittent pilot, pilot lights, furnace tries to start [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 25 plus year old furnace pilot will start when signal sent furnace tries to start makes noise as it tries over and over but will not start. Thanks

How do I light the pilot on a gas furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 25 year old or more Lennox Furnace. G10-137V-1 The pilot will not lite when I turn it to the pilot position and press down as directed

Gas furnace pilot trouble. Goes out while furnace is running! [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago I put in a new thermocoupler in my furnce and it's been working fine. This morning I woke up to no heat. I can re-light the pilot with no problems. The piot light keeps on burning if I don't turn the thermostat up to turn on the furnace. Then when I set the thermostat to 70...

View more questions Search