Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnarron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2015, 04:44 PM
    Outside heating/cooling system fan is making loud scrapping noise?
    My heating unit fan outside is making a loud dragging sound. I turned the unit completely off and back on and since then the fan has not turned back on at all but the heat is on. What should I do?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2015, 08:55 PM
    You most likely have a bad fan motor. Is this a heat pump or a gas fired package unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my heat pump noise making a loud noise? [ 4 Answers ]

This morning my heat pump sounded like a lawn mower running. It's coming from the outside and it was loud enough for me to think someone had generator running in my back yard.

The blower fan stopped working on my RUUD Cooling / Heating System [ 1 Answers ]

While attempting to raise the temp higher the fan stopped working. I changed the thermostat from a mercury to honeywell digital but to no avail.

Heating pipes making loud banging noise [ 4 Answers ]

Why do heating pipes make lound banging noise. It's a gas furance and when I turn it on. The pipes makes a loud banging noise.in the walls.

Indoor AC/heating unit making loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Day&Night central forced air unit that will make the large duct work that connects to all the smaller ducts to it vibrate and it makes a vibrating noise so loud that we can hear it upstairs. When I first turn the unit on it will be fine but after a minute or so the vibrating begins and...

My ceiling fan is making a loud noise [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and a few months ago it started making a really loud humming sound all of the time. I have no idea how to fix it. We tried WD 40 but nothing changed. Please help, the noise is driving me crazy!

View more questions Search