Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanmb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2015, 04:04 PM
    Nullification of a recorded deed
    I recorded a deed on my home (in California) in which I transferred 34% of my home to one of my children. Two of my children were already on the title. I should have put 25% to the third child to keep the property from being reassessed. It has resulted in higher taxes. The assessors office said only the court can nullify the deed. Do I sue the County of Los Angeles to get the deed nullified?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 05:54 AM
    Looks like attempted tax fraud to me. Fraud sometimes has criminal consequences.

But no, simply get the child, to whom you transferred 34%, to quit-claim it back to you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2015, 09:02 AM
    What was your intent? Avoid taxes? If you decide to proceed, I would "appeal" rather than "sue".
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 19, 2015, 10:28 AM
    (If you need to go on Medicaid-paid long term care and don't want the state to take your home, this won't help. Has to be 5 years.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed/title recorded into a stranger's name [ 10 Answers ]

I found out from the county that my escrow and title company recorded the deed/title to my home into another person's name. They claim they are working this out, but I have no verification and feel anxious. The person (a stranger to me) who's name is now on the deed was a former unsuccessful...

Deed Recorded in Another County in Georgia [ 11 Answers ]

Because of poor credit, I signed a quitclaim so that refinancing can be done in my wife's name (I am no longer on mortgage or deed). We want to add my name back to the deed by quitclaim to joint tenancy. My wife is concerned that my name on the deed - not on the mortgage - may drag her credit...

What after QuitClaim Deed is recorded? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I had some issues with the title of the property (condo) when I was in a relationship with my ex. I was not married at the time, but since the plans were to get married, I added her to the title (she was not helping me with any kind of monetary help towards the property). Anyhow, things did...

View more questions Search