Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eric Taib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2015, 01:57 PM
    Hpv
    How long does hpv take to show up? Does it lie dormant for years? Will it not show up years later if tested?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2015, 02:43 PM
    There are many forms of HPV so "it" can cover many areas. Scientists now think that the HPV infection that clears up on its own remains dormant in your body. It can stay dormant or it can come back again. Why it comes back isn’t exactly known. But it does seem to be affected by your immune system. A strong immune system may help to keep it dormant. Best to talk to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hpv [ 25 Answers ]

I have feelings for a girl with HPV.She has No physical signs and is being treated and has been for well over a year maybe 2 or even longer. I have 2 daughters ages 4 and 10. I'm a 32 year old male and she is 30. Can I have relationship with her? What about oral sex as well?

Hpv [ 0 Answers ]

I found what I though could be genital warts. I went to my Dr. he did a pap when I went back he said my pap was negative for hpv but it was A typical cell. He said he thought what I had was some type of moles so he froze them off. But I found more and one looks different then the others it's more...

Hpv [ 1 Answers ]

Hello doctor Am a female. I had one time unprotected sex with person who has warts in his hand and neck and abdomen. It was anal sex and kissing. My question is , is that warts are HPV, and do I get them from him by touching them and one time having sex. Please do reply . Am so warried about it....

I have hpv [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there in the summer I was diganosted with hpv and my recent tests show abnormal cells.. im pretty shure the last time my other doctor told me that the hpv was gone but pre cancerouse tissuse was left behind.. is this posible to have gotten rid of the disease but still havew cancerus cells?

? About HPV [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is diagnosed as having HPV, does that mean that they automatically have genital warts? Or can you be diagnosed with HPV and not have genital warts? I thought that I read somewhere that only 2 strains of HPV actually caused genital warts... :confused:

View more questions Search