Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpie88 Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2015, 03:37 PM
    Is it too soon to go to a guy's house after seeing him for 3 weeks?
    My boyfriend wants me to come over and he says if I'm not comfortable to come his place he can come over mines. He is aware I live with my dad and know my dad is home all the time because he's retired.
    farfellow Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Feb 14, 2015, 05:02 PM
    He wants you to go to his house to chill out? Him cooking dinner for you? Or something else *wink* wink* *nudge* nudge*. If you're uncomfortable, don't go... follow your gut instincts... they are rarely wrong. I think your dad will appreciate your boyfriend comes over to your house and hang out there. Gives your dad a chance to get to know the guy dating his girl.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 14, 2015, 05:30 PM
    I think you need a thousand little bits of knowledge about someone before you can answer this. There's no set 'rule.' One person can be a total stranger still, after 3 weeks, while someone else, such as someone you have known for years or friends and family have, could be sooner. You haven't told us anything about how well you know him! As far as I'm concerned, 3 weeks is too soon to call someone a boyfriend.

I too would invite him to dinner at your house with your dad. I would go to his house for an hour during the daytime the first time, and would make sure that your dad knows when you expect to be home.
    sweetpie88 Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2015, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by farfellow View Post
    He wants you to go to his house to chill out? Him cooking dinner for you? Or something else *wink* wink* *nudge* nudge*. If you're uncomfortable, don't go... follow your gut instincts... they are rarely wrong. I think your dad will appreciate your boyfriend comes over to your house and hang out there. Gives your dad a chance to get to know the guy dating his girl.
    He wants to cook dinner. I don't have a problem going or like you said I can ask him to come over my place.

Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I think you need a thousand little bits of knowledge about someone before you can answer this. There's no set 'rule.' One person can be a total stranger still, after 3 weeks, while someone else, such as someone you have known for years or friends and family have, could be sooner. You haven't told us anything about how well you know him! As far as I'm concerned, 3 weeks is too soon to call someone a boyfriend.

I too would invite him to dinner at your house with your dad. I would go to his house for an hour during the daytime the first time, and would make sure that your dad knows when you expect to be home.
    I knew him a few months before we started dating. Thanks for the advice.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 14, 2015, 06:54 PM
    I would not go to a guys house after only 3 weeks. Let him come to your house, it will give your dad a chance to meet him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2015, 12:18 PM
    Does he live with his parent(s)? How old are you both? I would go really slow and let him visit you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2015, 12:51 PM
    I see nothing wrong with a guy cooking a meal even after only 3 weeks. But there are extenuating circumstances that could alter this. Your ages for one, Does he live alone? If not will the people he lives with be home?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2015, 01:29 PM
    How old are the two of you and has your dad met him yet?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 15, 2015, 03:56 PM
    I know from previous posts that you are at least 25. Is he your age?

I see no issues with having dinner at his place as long as you both know what the limits for the evening are.

Are you comfortable discussing boundaries and expectations with him? Do you trust him to stay within those boundaries? Are you concerned he might try to push for more than you are comfortable with? If so, then dinner at your place or stay out in public places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GF of 3 years got with another guy 2 weeks after we were on a break. [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost 3 years. I'm 21 she's 20, we were really serious. Well the last 6 months we have been on and off fighting and arguing a lot and I think we both weren't trying hard anymore. I blamed her not trying and she blamed me. Well around 6 weeks ago we had...

A movie about a guy that died during a war came back to life after a few weeks [ 3 Answers ]

A guy died in a war , came back to life a few weeks later and was helped by his friend , they both realized once dead you couldn't be killed again but needed human blood to stay healthy, and started to fight crime and using the victims for there blood, driving around in a big...

My puppy 22 weeks old and still pees and poops around my house help? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 22 week old puppy she is a chi cross jack russell she is driving me made she is pooing and pee all over my house even though she has a dog flap she wiill pee right in front of me and poo she knows what she has done so please can you help me and my 4 children thank you

Is it possible for a guy to know what he wants after only two weeks? [ 4 Answers ]

So I met this guy when I was going out with my ex. I've known him for about two months now. We were strictly JUST friends the first month. We hung out, played video games, I occasionally drank with him and his friends, and we just talked and had good conversation. When my ex and I broke up I hung...

Dating guy for about 7 weeks, but is he into me? [ 1 Answers ]

So, I'm seeing a guy, we'll call *Jess*. He is the nephew of my mother's friend and neighbor. The uncle introduced us and we went from there. He is 26, a Sheriff, very into family, super sweet and we have great chemistry when we are out. Our first date he took me to see Madagascar. We met at the...

View more questions Search