Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMRebecca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
    New laptop
    How do I get going on the internet using my new laptop (IBM thinkpad). I am running Windows XP on my desktop and earthlink is my service provider. Thank you very much.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 04:26 PM
    Do you have a wireless router connected inbeteen your earthlink service line and your desktop?? If not you need a wireless router.

Also I will assume your IBM thinkpad has a build in wireless card, if not you will need a wireless card for your lap top.

But once you buy the wireless router, merely run the program that comes with it, and it should just hook itself up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

In need of a new laptop [ 17 Answers ]

My current Sony Vaio GRT is on its way out. Suppose dropping it on to a concrete floor hasn't helped much. So I have a budget of €2,000 (£1,300, $2,600 US Excluding TAX) for a new one, yes its for work, but that doesn't matter. Bear in mind my current machine is a P4 2.8 with HT, 1Gb RAM, 60...

Laptop cd-rw [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my cd-rw rom to work, it says D:\ is not accessible, Device is not ready. My bios is picking it up its in my computer, device manager is seeing it no problems. I'm using win 98 and I want to put in xp pro but have to get this cd rom to work first so I can use the xp disk. A virus scan...

New laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a laptop a couple of months ago. I have been using a dialup to connect to the net. I was wondering if I could use my cell phone to connect by just attaching it to my laptop and dialing out?

Best Laptop for... [ 3 Answers ]

I use Dragon Speaking Naturally, and need at least 500 MHz. I also have a preference for something light, as I travel/write, and word processing is my main desire. I want something with a screen size around 10 or 11 inches. Sound Blaster (clone) is recommended. A (built-in) CDrw/DVD would be...

View more questions Search