Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SOCHA Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2015, 03:36 AM
    Continuous headache
    Hello. I have been having a mild headache for about 8 days now.continuously. It's the kind of headache where you can work around the house,or go shopping but you can feel its aching, and your head is just heavy.the back of the neck also gets irritated. I don't know what could be wrong its starting to worry me now.even when I take painkillers, its not responsive.I have tried different kinds but it just doesn't go away. Please advice.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2015, 03:58 AM
    Have you checked your blood pressure?

Feb 13, 2015, 07:09 AM
    My blood pressure is perfectly fine. I don't suffer from any cronic illness.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2015, 02:29 PM
    Visit to the Dr. would probably give you some indications as headaches can be associated with many things. BTW it is "chronic".
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 13, 2015, 07:35 PM
    I read something a while ago that intrigued me because my husband suffers from chronic migraines, the kind where he's vomiting, can't even function.

Now I don't know if this works, I don't suffer from headaches normally, but it's worth a try. Ice water, more ice than water. Stick both hands in the ice water, it's supposed to relieve migraines.

Having said that, I would check with your doctor, even if the ice water trick works. A headache for this long could indicate that something is going on. Better to be checked and rule out anything serious, than to just focus on making the pain go away. Pain is your bodies way of saying that something is going on.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 13, 2015, 09:25 PM
    When was the last time you had your vision checked?

Feb 18, 2015, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    When was the last time you had your vision checked?
    Its bin quite long since I checked, but at the moment, I see perfectly both far and near objects

Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I read something a while ago that intrigued me because my husband suffers from chronic migraines, the kind where he's vomiting, can't even function.

Now I don't know if this works, I don't suffer from headaches normally, but it's worth a try. Ice water, more ice than water. Stick both hands in the ice water, it's supposed to relieve migraines.

Having said that, I would check with your doctor, even if the ice water trick works. A headache for this long could indicate that something is going on. Better to be checked and rule out anything serious, than to just focus on making the pain go away. Pain is your bodies way of saying that something is going on.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Thank you I won't rest until I find out what's wrong
    But as of late, the doctor didn't do anything much, he just gave me tablets and diagnosed the headache as tension headache, but I am not tense I swear, unless I don't realize that I am tense.

Feb 18, 2015, 03:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Have you checked your blood pressure?
    Yes I checked yesterday doctor says its low than usual times. Usually its 120/60
    But this time around its 81/41. So I don't know much about blood pressure and he didn't bother explaining.
    mark014 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2015, 01:07 AM
    If your vision is clear and you don't have any tension, then it may be due to something else. As the research says, headaches are of many types and depending on the types, there causes too vary.
    Few major reasons are- Sleep apnea, drinking too much alcohol, sinus headaches, and overuse of painkillers. In your case, there seem to be no signs of migraine headache, tension headache or cluster headache because in these, a person is unable to carry daily activities and the pain is severe.
    Keep a track of daily activities to know what is triggering the problem and consult another doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continuous flushing [ 4 Answers ]

I had a neighbor replace the "guts" inside the tank, now it seems to half flush on its own every 10-15 minutes?

Continuous function [ 5 Answers ]

1. Consider the function f : R9 to R de fined as follows. For each vector a = (a1; a2; : : : ; a9) in R9, let f(a) be the 3 by 3 determinant a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 a8 a9 : Is f a continuous function from R9 to R; why or why not?

Continuous data [ 1 Answers ]

If data is grouped together, such as age (between 10 - 20) is it still continuous?

View more questions Search