Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 06:11 PM
    Great news.

I was going to add that many times when there's an accident, which this was, all involved are given tickets. It's adding insult to injury.

We can't control the weather, or the driving conditions, but we can have common sense and not drive when it's dangerous. One part of your post stands out a lot!:

Anyway couple hours later tow trucks arrive to haul the semi out and the tow truck drivers said we should never have been out on these roads in this weather with an empty trailer. You're just looking for trouble.
    As a semi driver your husband should have known this, and shouldn't have continued driving under these conditions. I actually think the ticket was valid, and you got very lucky when they dismissed it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2015, 04:26 AM
    From a legal viewpoint, he did lose control, assuming you got good photos of the weather, written report of conditions, the judge may dismiss it,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I fight off the failure to yield ticket? [ 4 Answers ]

I got into a car accident today. I was driving to a stop sign and I stopped. There was a tree and fences blocking the left view of the road so I moved up a little and stopped again. I can see the end of the road which is like a curve downhill 10'o clock from my vision and road 300 to 500 ft to the...

Should I fight this ticket [ 6 Answers ]

I was issued a failing to yield ticket that resulted in a accident. I was making a left turn and had a green arrow light as I began to make my turn a car that ran the light and was going very fast and hit my car and totaled it but I was issued the ticket for failing to yield.

How do I fight a failure to yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident this weekend and I think I'm innocent. I pulled up to a stop sign- checked traffic in both directions- saw nothing and proceeded through the intersection. Half way through, a fast moving car came into the intersection. I gassed it to get through asap but the girl...

How would you fight this traffic ticket? [ 30 Answers ]

I got this ticket in February this year for failing to yield from private drive. I was leaving the parking area at school to cross the main street, with 1 lane in each direction. As I approached the intersection I was going to stop to check the traffic in both ways. I saw the vehicle coming from...

Failure to yield. Would you fight this ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

A few days ago I was issued a ticket for Failing to Yield, which resulted in an accident. I was pulling left out of a private drive, onto a road with 2 north bound lanes, 2 south bound lanes, and a turning lane. When I approached the end of the driveway an extended bus pulled up to turn down the...

View more questions Search