Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtburge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2015, 09:24 AM
    What is a good panel unlocker for DCS pc1832?
    I cannot obtain my installer code and am trying to switch to another monitor company. If the Installer Lockout is Enabled, I may need to use a panel unlocker, right?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2015, 09:50 AM
    Have you tried to download a manual online, or contacting the old company? Most time the new monitoring company can help you unlock/disable the old system also. Cutting the power and removing the backup battery disables it too.

Assuming you are not trying to unlock it to use it ever again.
    rtburge Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2015, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Have you tried to download a manual online, or contacting the old company? Most time the new monitoring company can help you unlock/disable the old system also. Cutting the power and removing the backup battery disables it too.

Assuming you are not trying to unlock it to use it ever again.
    I do wish to continue using this unit but can't get the Installer code from the monitoring company (who will soon be my ex-company; as I am attempting to switch to a different company). I have the manual and will try the procedure to default the main panel, which will only work if "Installer Lockout" is disabled. If it is enabled the manual states the hardware default will not work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2015, 10:54 AM
    Call DSC. Unless the equipment is owned by the monitoring company it's your device.
    Every DSC manual is available online as well and every device can be reset to original factor startup specs. What is the monitoring company telling you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2015, 02:02 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-s...32-547438.html

Your best bet is get the new company to do it as they will have the resources and knowledge to reprogram your unit.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2015, 07:48 AM
    I'm not sure what your expertise or time is, but it just may be faster to buy a new panel. They are priced quite reasonably and you can start from scratch with your own codes. Like I said it depends on your ability to make the swap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is difference between SCADA and DCS? [ 2 Answers ]

What is difference between SCADA and DCS?

DCS PC1832 Programming (Night Zone) [ 7 Answers ]

I just had my system installed. I have a numeric keypad only. I am a programmer by trade, but not this systems. I program business systems. I would like to program some ZONES as Night Zones. So that when I use the Interior Stay mode and press the command I would get some additional (Nigth)...

Consideration to design 1 deg. C CHW supply DCS. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, buddy.. I'm new here, I have though problem, since my bos ask me to design a 40,000RT district cooling plant (DCS) which supply temp. 1 deg.C. and return 13 deg. C. What I plan to do is using 2 centrifugal chillers with series position to achieve 1 deg.C. its possible.. what is the...

View more questions Search