Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kacy Hefner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2015, 09:26 PM
    2005 dodge neon won't start good battery good engine
    My 2005 dodge neon won't start. The alternator went out I jumped it 3 times cause I thought it was the battery but someone told me the alternator so I got it replaced and got the battery jumped then it wouldn't start . When you turn the key the dash lighhts come on makes a click noise once then does nothing. Engine coil replaced , fuses good, wires good. I reallly need help here. My mechanic is lost and so am I
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2015, 06:30 AM
    I suspect the battery is bad. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free. Be prepared to buy a new battery. You also want to clean the battery terminals and cable connections with abrasive cloth. If the problem persists, clean the main ground and the connections going to the starter motor. Ensure the battery cables don't have any hidden breaks or hidden corrosion.

Perform an Ignition By-Pass Test, where you connect a 12 AWG wire, or remote starter switch, from the positive battery cable to the "S" terminal on the starter motor solenoid. If the starter motor cranks, the problem is with the ignition switch, neutral safety switch, or wiring. If the starter motor doesn't crank, replace the starter motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Dodge Neon, Engine Died While Driving, Won't Restart [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My son drives a 2000 Dodge Neon. Last night, the engine apparently died while he was on the road. He says he heard some sort of a pop sound from the engine compartment when it died. It will not restart. Starter does not appear to crank at all. Lights appear to be bright, so car probably has...

1979 G20 Van with good battery good alternator will not start no power no lights [ 2 Answers ]

My 1979 g 20 series van won't start. I had the battery tested and alternator tested they both checked out fine. Checked all the fuses they were fine . What else could it be.

2003 Dodge Neon Won't start [ 19 Answers ]

2003 Dodge neon will not start. Lights and everything work good, but when the key is turned the engine will not turn over. There is no click or any noise from the engine compartment so it doesn't sound like the starter. Just getting some ideas from the more experienced before I start digging...

2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. [ 16 Answers ]

2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. Lights and everything work good, but when the key is turned the engine will not turn over. There is no click or any noise from the engine compartment ......pl:)ease help

Honda Civic 99 won't start good battery [ 1 Answers ]

Coming from vacation after 5 days my civic 99 DX won't start. When I try it cranks for while but no luck. So I took the battery to checker they told battery needs to replace. I changed the battery. Still no luck. Could anybody please suggest what I need to do next? I know very little about car...

View more questions Search