Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PB3160125 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2015, 10:26 AM
    Santon Premier Plus Boiler - Hot Water Issue
    Hi, I have a Santon Premier Plus Unvented boiler with 2 thermostats. Top one is the boost and the bottom one is the general one. On the wall there are switches, One controls the boost and one controls the general boiler - There are simple on/off switches.

When I switch both of the wall switches on, the water heats up for an hour, reaches a temperature, then the boost reset clicks, and it stops the water heating up which is fine as it stops it from overheating. This then means that unless I manually click the reset button it doesn't heat up the water ever again.

If I only switch on the general wall switch and leave the boost switch off the water doesn't heat up at all - I have left it for 24 hours to see if I would.
    If I put the heating on by the fuse box the water will heat up and the boost reset button with click and we are back to never having hot water again.
    I cannot understand how to get hot water on a regular basis. I don't understand if I need to switch both of the wall switches on constantly, have only the wall switch to the general thermostat on constantly.

I used to wake up to hot water all the time with both wall switches on - but at that time I didn't switch the heating on as it was the middle of summer. It seems like whatever setting I have it on there is a problem with the water heating up a second time.

Please help me.

Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2015, 11:11 AM
    Water heater fault finding and repair service - no hot water repairs

Santon

Which unvented model do you have?

I can only guess that turning your heat off created this issue, and recommend an inquiry via the first link. Perhaps there is a better way to turn off the heat rather than shutting down the whole system. Everything I have read says your thermostats are programmable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No shut off valve after the water heater and hot water boiler type of furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have no shut off valves between the outgoing water of the water heater and the valve for the hot for the washing machine. I do have shut a shut off valve for incoming water to the water heater, but the incoming line branches to the Lennox hot water boiler furnace. When I shut off the house...

Combi boiler, hot water keeps going hot and cold while running [ 2 Answers ]

Have had an engineer out who says that the system needs flushing out at a cost of six hundred pounds, would flushing out system cure this problem,

I have a baxi/combi boiler - hot water changes to cold then hot. [ 0 Answers ]

Please help as it's driving me mad especially when I'm in the shower which is fed from the mains. But it's the same with the taps. Is there anything I can do - other than have an electric shower fitted?

Is my hobart 600 a steam boiler or a hot water boiler. There is no circulator pump [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Hobart 600 automatic gas fired furnace. The first thing is I cannot see a circulater pump or a air tank. I can not tell if it is steam or hot water. When I go to fill the system with water, the system fills and then the water continues to flow out to the drain pipe.

View more questions Search