Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    formosa301 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2015, 05:42 PM
    Fan keeps running when thermosat is in the off position
    I have electric furnace and the fan continues to run when the thermostat is in the off position, what is the problem?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2015, 06:15 PM
    You could have a stuck fan relay. Turn off the power to the furnace at the circuit breaker. Mark & disconnect the thermostat wires where they connect to the furnace. Restore the power. If the fan stays off, the problem is likely in the thermostat or wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spacepak keeps running in off position [ 0 Answers ]

I set my thermostat to the off position and my spacepak model ESP-D will turn off and on every 5 to 10 seconds. When it is running Im getting warm air. I went up to the attic and turned it off using the fuse box on top of the unit. Any idea's why this is happening. Thanks

Can I wire a digital thermosat to a Day and Night furnace to run only the fan? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I wire a digital thermosat to a day and night furnace to run the fan only in the summer time?

Exterior furnace fan keeps running in off position [ 0 Answers ]

My exterior fan switch that brings in fresh air into house via the furnace is staying on, the switch next to thermostat ( for fan ) is turned off, the furnace is in off position. Lennox merit series furnace... 2000sq ft home. I recently had a ozone blast (air purification) done in house, after...

Ceiling fan works in the clockwise position but not in the counterclockwise position [ 1 Answers ]

Our ceiling fan (circa 1998, Gulf STream Model 978A/five blade) has the typical switch on the side of the housing to enable the fan to go clockwise or counterclockwise. Counterclockwise works at all three speeds. Clockwise does not work at all. Gives no indication (motor noise) that there is any...

Air Handler Fan Keeps Running (in off position) [ 3 Answers ]

Had some electrical work done at the house today (breaker box replaced). When the electrian turned the power back on, the air handler fan started running (it won't shut off unless you open the breaker). A/C works fine but the gas heater doesn't kick in. Fan position on the thermostat is in OFF...

View more questions Search