Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vrtlw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2015, 02:10 PM
    Warrant issued in UK but now living in the US - Need to travel for family issues
    About 14 years ago I was found guilty of drink driving.

The sentence was £200 and 80 hours of community service.

I paid the fine and completed about 30 hours of community service.

The reason that I know a warrant was issued was because I was in the UK at the time, I appeared at the entrance of the court about 25 minutes late and heard my community service officer say "issue a warrant".

This was 14 years ago.. I have lived in the USA for nearly 13 years.

My Father is now not well and I need to return to the UK.

What are my chances of getting picked up at the airport? That could totally screw me, I would have issues seeing my family and am also concerned about being able to return to the USA in a timely enough manner to resume my work.
    vrtlw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2015, 02:17 PM
    Thought... Maybe I would be better flying to Dublin, Amsterdam or maybe even into Paris and entering into the UK by ferry or train?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2015, 02:31 PM
    I doubt they would be actively looking for you, but you never know, they may get you for some entirely unrelated issue and find out you have a VERY old warrant I suppose.

Probation violation is hardly a high priority.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 6, 2015, 02:35 PM
    Taking a train or ferry from Ireland or the continent won't necessarily allow OP to evade detection.

I would contact a lawyer in the location where OP thinks the warrant may have been issued, and make arrangements for it to go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Date of warrant issued. [ 0 Answers ]

How do I find out the exact date when a state placed a hold on someone. And I've already looked up my current state public records. My boyfriend is in California and Arizona placed a hold on him and I know he will have to face the charges in Arizona but were trying to figure out is when and if...

Getting a id while a warrant is issued on me [ 1 Answers ]

I have a warrant for not paying an ambulance ride can I get a mass state id and fly to geogia

Why was a warrant issued on my boyfriend [ 15 Answers ]

Cadillac59... Actually my boyfriend was arrested on child abandonment charges a few months ago. He never took a paternity test or anything. A girl said that the baby was his and since he never claimed the baby or went with her to take a test a warrant was issued and he was arrested. While I feel...

Will there be a warrant issued? [ 30 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I have been out of my parents house for almost a month. They are following through with what they have to do legaly to account for me. Im not a runaway, I was technically kicked out. Today they are in court as we speak for the accouring situation and a chins law statement. I...

View more questions Search