Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink4life252 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Sex veiwed by young children
    Is it OK to have sex in front of young children:)
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 9, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink4life252
    Is it ok to have sex in front of young children:)
    NO!

That is a horrible thing to put children through! Not only that, but I think it's ILLEGAL!
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 9, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Kepi your answer tickled me -- what do you think or ancestors did when all lived I a 1 room house with 5 kids? And some still live like that.

I am not saying that I would have sex in front of kids -- but kids do open doors when they are not suppose to etc.
    A horrible thing to put a kid through? Jez Its two grownups LOVING each other -Illegal? I sure as hell hope the government is not that far into our bedrooms yet no matter how much the pat robertsons of the would wish it was so - Savage
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 04:33 PM
    You did not say how young 2 month old? Or 4 years old.

But as noted, in most US states it would be illegal to have sex in front of your young children, if social services were to find out, you would lose custody of your children.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Apr 9, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Are you serious??

Isn't it enough that they'll grow up in an over-sexualized world?
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 9, 2007, 05:05 PM
    No
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 9, 2007, 05:26 PM
    I know kids in the past saw sex, but you shouldn't ask your children to watch you do the dirty-dirty.

What age are the kids?
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Apr 9, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pink4life252
    Is it ok to have sex in front of young children:)
    Keep in mind that you might give them ideas...
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 08:02 PM
    It is completely OK if you want to leave your kids with a complex that they will never recover from. I am talking about kids that are 4,5,6 years old in age, up to middle teens, a time in their lives when they think that parents are perfect.
    Remember back to the time when you were young and you found out that one of your friends parents were having sex and you knew that that was something that your parents would never do. But when you did finally discover that they did you were so disappointed in them.
    I bet there are still some of you that have doubts about your parents ever having sex except the once when you were conceived, and maybe again if you have siblings.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2007, 08:19 PM
    I don't think it's wrong or bad that children are aware that their parents have an adult relationship, but I don't think it's something you should invite them into watching. I have no objection to kids being exposed to hugging, kissing, a little squeeze, etc. but I think the adult stuff should remain being the 'adult' stuff.

Obviously a very, very young child, let's say under 2, would have no idea what they were seeing, but older children could mimic the act, which may well get them, and you, in a lot of trouble.

In addition, if the adults aren't married or in a long term common law relationship, I question the values you could be imprinting upon your children.

Didi
    HipHipHooray Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Kepi, I don't think pink4life intends to have sex FOR her children to view, but more like in the same room, perhaps out of convience (as in thesavage's response). Well that's how I interpreted it anyway

I remember when I was 9 or 10 years old my parents had sex in their room while I was in it. They thought I was sleeping, but I wasn't and was too ashamed to let them know I was awake. So I had to listen to it all.. the next morning I felt like my image of them was tarnished. I'm not sure why, and the fact that they acted completely normal made me even more confused. I soon got over it though :)

And I *think* I grew up OK hehe
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 06:15 AM
    OMG
    Of course not!!

Mum told me I once walked in on them doing their thing, I was about 3... THANK GOD I can't remember, something like that could have haunted me forever...
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 11, 2007, 06:19 AM
    2 Questions;

How old are the kids?

Why?

Only when you answer those questions can the answer be appropriate!
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 11, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Like everyone else has said... it depends on the age of the child. One time baily accidentally walked in on me and my husband and thought that my husband was hurting me. We just told him that mommy and daddy are play wresting. If they are young and it Accidentally happens then its not too bad... if you are having sex in front of your child on purpose then that is wrong. Because I know if I am turned on and my son comes around I automatically turn off. Nothing like drool and a messy diaper to ruin the mood lol.
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Apr 11, 2007, 07:45 AM
    If you are an older child would you like to see your parents having sex lol... Me not so much.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 07:47 AM
    I guess I'm lucky that my parents have never had sex... right?

Never, never ever ever.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 11, 2007, 11:21 AM
    No!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2007, 11:42 AM
    If they were old enough to walk I'd say no.

If they're old enough to ask for the car keys so you can have privacy... then well that's just sick.
    Suicidal Addiction Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
    I think its wrong and they can get a bad idea from it.. I mean they are going to grow up in a inviorment with sex everywere as it is... your kids could become sex addictes or even beond that so I wouldn't recamend it lol
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Well if they are able to talk and ask what you are doing then obviously you shouldn't be doing it. Before they are talking there is no problem. Nobody remembers that far back anyway, nor can they understand what you are doing. Hell you breast feed at that age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The social impact home schooling has on young children [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Courtney and I am doing a senior exit project on the Effects of Homeschooling on Children. I believe that homeschooling should not be in effect. If you have been homeschooled and it has a strong impact on your life, could you give me feedback on what you think ...

Too young? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 11 and "well developed" lots of guys and girl in my year started asking each other out about 1 1/2 years ago, I was asked out once and found it was boring because our parents wouldn't let us meet up anywere and I was dumped a few days later. Now its more interesting as many of my friends have...

How do you teach your young children about sex? [ 5 Answers ]

My 5 year old son has been masturbating ever since I can remember, but after he turned 2, he learned not to do it in public, although I know he has continued to do it fairly regularly on his own. He started learning this year in school the different parts of the body, including sexual organs. He...

If a girl has sex in a very young age.. . [ 12 Answers ]

(14)what are the concequences?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search