Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DougieH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2015, 11:04 PM
    Court ordered IEP to dismiss charges how long after completion is background updated
    Had a possession of cocaine charge literally at my front door after my girlfriend called 911 because the alarm went off and someone was seen running off in security cameras. Long story short I answered the door and they pulled a bag of cocaine out. I'm not going to deny whether it was justified or not however the courts and judge said to just do IEP and the charges would be dismissed and then expunged. I completed the program and drug screens all passing so got my certificate. I found out recently the court order was to dismiss and then expunge would be approved but due to my ignorance I didn't know I had to fill out paperwork and pay my lawyer AGAIN to do the expungement. He said the dissmissal however would be completed. I took the 6 month course and completed with certificate and signed and notarized and sent back to court months ago. How long before it reflects dismissed? I have a great job opportunity and made it through the interview process for a financial institution. The next thing they will ask is for background check. How long after completion and filing with court order to dismiss does it take? If I check is there a good free place to use? I know the public record w the jail will still show charge and never a conviction but is that accurate
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2015, 03:04 AM
    Officially, if not showing a conviction, a pending charge should not show up on a background check anyway. Only those charges showing a conviction. Also, tech, you can not expunge a charge that is dismissed, only changes from convictions, plea deals or pleading guilty. A chage that is dismissed, does not appear on a list of convictions.

As to US. National Security positions and positions with law enforcement shows all arrests, even "expunged ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court ordered alcohol testing two kinds she ordered a binge test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband an j ARE GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE.hE is fs fighting me for full custody today he told the mediator I drank 20 beers every other day.She said she would order a binge alcohol hair test.I have drank three times in ninety days.Can you explain this test and the results?

Writing a letter to dismiss charges [ 2 Answers ]

My son is in prison due to drug related theft. He has a warrant for his arrest in another county in Illinois for not paying his court fine. He wants to write a letter to that county courthouse to ask that the charges be dropped since he is in prison.

As a defendant in court the judge ordered me to return to court to PROVE my innocence [ 2 Answers ]

Am I missing something? Long story short I've been harassed for years with the worst part being called into court by this psycho. The lawyers and judge are "good old boys" and I'm screwed. The icing on the cake was my accuser blaming me because she rear ended someone. In court she stated I must...

Dismiss charges [ 3 Answers ]

If the DA has not filed charges on a Felony Vandalism charge against me before my court date, does that mean that there is a good chance that the charges will be dismissed?

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

View more questions Search