Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonkyle3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2015, 12:01 AM
    Theft under $5000
    I am an 18 year old living in Toronto. I was caught trying to take a $250 iPhone accessory from the Apple store in the Eaton Centre. Security took me in and then when the police arrived they told me I was being charged for theft under $5000 and they gave me the dates for screening and first court appearance. What would you suggest I do? Should I try to hire a lawyer? It would be difficult for a university student living in Toronto. Please help! I was so reluctant in doing what I did and I regret it so much. I don't want this one mistake to dictate my career paths or my life
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2015, 05:32 AM
    I believe Canada has Legal Aid programs. Canada also has a program called diversion. Firs first time offenders, this program allows you to do some community service at the end of which your record will be cleaned up. Since you were caught red handed, you should ask for that but consult with an attorney first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000? Help! [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I recently got arrested with Theft under $5000 in Ontario yesterday. I stole about $80 worth of male cosmetic products. I am 20 years old turning 21 this year and finishing second year in University studying accounting. I realized I have made the worst mistake in my life and will...

THEFT UNDER $5000 - second offence. (1st offence = theft from employer) [ 10 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. Living in british columbia, canada. Yesterday me and my friend were shoplifting at metrotown mall.. we were being followed around the mall because of our big purses and did not know it until we went into "old navy" where we saw a bunch of bathing suits and flip flops and jammed...

Theft under $5000 [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Jordan I am a 21 year old from BC Canada. I was recently charged with theft under $5000. I was going to see a concert at a bar. I drank a lot before to not have to buy many drinks at the bar. Well it turns out that I drank way too much. I woke up in the drunk tank by a police officer to...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was charged under theft under 5000 for stealing stuff from the store worth $59 and I have to go to the police station for photographs and finger print and also I have to appear in the court for this charged... I really don't know what to do? Can you please recommend me that should I go to the...

View more questions Search