Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RICHLJ2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2015, 07:26 PM
    Inherited house. How do I change name on deed?
    Inherited house from my deceased mother, how do I change name on deed?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2015, 09:18 PM
    Has the estate been probated? Who is/was the executor?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2015, 06:07 AM
    First, any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Unless the property was listed with you and your mom as joint tenants with right of survivorship, the property is part of her estate. This means the executor of the estate needs to have a new deed made deeding the property from the estate to you.

This means an executor needs to be acknowledged by the Probate court. Some areas have "mini" probate where there is a simple estate so you don't have to go through the costs of a full probate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who do I contact to change name on a house that I inherited [ 1 Answers ]

My dad passed and left a house to me. The house was put in trust October of 2007. I am the trustee. What do I do? Do I change the name on the deed, or wait until the five years are up?

Change name on house deed [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's deceased first wife's name is still on the deed to our house. How do we change her name to mine? Is it necessary? They had 2 children, now grown.

How do I go about changing ownership deed of a house I inherited in NY? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about changing ownership deed of a house I inherited in NY? I need to change deed to my name form my grandmothers

Change name on Inherited house from deceased parent [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has died and I have inherited her cottage. Her estate is below a taxable level but I need to change the name on the title deeds to mine. How do I go about this?

How to change name on deed to house [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to refinance to reduce the mortgage on our house. However for us to get a lower interest rate my name will be on the loan only. My name and my husband's name will still be on the deed. We live in Mississippi. What are the implications if 1) there is a divorce and I...

View more questions Search