Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    byrone byrone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2015, 08:12 PM
    Do you know anything about Miracle Smoke(CBD)?
    I recently heard about a "miracle" product called Miracle Smoke, CBD, and I am doing my research on the product and thought who better to ask than a health professional.

Thanks,

James
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2015, 10:07 PM
    It is a new craze that like many products is being sold as a health product. It is not approved or tested by the FDA. Most of its hype is that it comes from hemp, and many young people have looked to it was a "legal" drug.

It appears to be more advertising and hype, than of any real use. Doctors would not normally approve since it is not produced by any real health or safety standards.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2015, 08:57 AM
    "CBD (cannabidiol) is the chief non-intoxicant chemical, and predominates in non-intoxicant strains; it has sedative effects. The non-intoxicant CBN (cannabinol) is a frequent degradation or oxidation product. The non-intoxicant cannabichromene (CBC) is typically found in trace amounts in intoxicant strains. The non-intoxicant cannabigerol (CBG) is considered to be a precursor of the other cannbinoids."

According to the paper that came from, there are about 60 cannabinoids, out of which only a few are intoxicants.
    CBD, which you are talking about, appears to merely have sedative effects, but who knows what people are 'claiming,' unscientifically? I'm sure that not all the science has been done yet.
    The product you mention looks pretty expensive to me...

Hemp: A New Crop with New Uses for North America

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke detectors going off without smoke once in a hour? [ 1 Answers ]

Our smoke detectors are going off simultaneously through out the house once every hour. And it continues for 5-10 minutes before stopping. No smoke is there in any part of the house at those times. IT is happening first time and the winter temperatures are around 30 deg outside. The smoke...

I set a box of Miracle Grow on top of my table saw. The Miracle grow got on top of m [ 6 Answers ]

I set a box of Miracle Grow on top of my table saw and it stained the alumunium. Any way to clean this up?

Smoke detector doesn't detect smoke [ 3 Answers ]

I have two smoke detectors. Good batteries and when I push the test button the alarm works. But I just filled the house with smoke from an unwatched pot on the stove. Neither smoke detector alarmed. I assume they are defective. But how common is this? And if the test button doesn't reliably...

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

View more questions Search