Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JB73 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2015, 10:26 AM
    106 hours
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I consumed alcohol on a Satuday afternoon and night up until about midnight. I was administered an EtG test the following Thursday morning around 10:30 am. So about 106 hours after my last drink. I probably drank about 15 beers through the course of the afternoon and night (work party) :(

This was only the second time I had drank in about 19 months. I am 6', 195 lbs. I'm concerned because I am on probation for a DUI and could lose my freedom and a lot more with a zero tolerance rule. There is no good excuse as to why I did this. I had transportation arranged and didn't want to set off any flags by not drinking at all. So I kind of went the other way and drank the entire time.

I'm almost done probation, and just hope this doesn't show up on an EtG test...

Thoughts? (besides just don't risk it and drink idiot!) I already feel that way...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 11:52 AM
    106 hours should be sufficient to pass the test if you are healthy and ate well. Zero tolerance though is a tough bet to make.

Jan 30, 2015, 01:15 PM
    Hmmm, I am pretty healthy. I Work out and play sports. So there can be detection after 80 hours at a level to lead one to believe I was drinking?
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 03:43 PM
    The 60/80 hour suggestion is not absolute, and should be taken as "on average". There are many more factors involved, and every human is different. The extra day may help you, it should, but despite the many posts in this forum, asking if they will pass a drug test, all you can really get is an educated guess.

They like you want absolute answers to ease the worry, or guilt, but there are no absolutes. So try and relax, you should be okay and after passing all the previous tests, you may have earned the benefit of a doubt or get a retest with a very small detection level.

ZERO tolerance is ZERO TOLERANCE, BE IT FROM DRINKING, OR HAND SANITIZER, OR MOUTH WASH.

Feb 2, 2015, 07:24 AM
    what EtG timetable do I use?
    Hello Dr. Bill - I have found your feedbacck very insightful, but I am uncertain as to what timetable I should use when it comes to the hours passed after first drink to last drink relative to BAC and EtG.

I had about 15 beers over an 8 hour time frame on a Saturday with my last one being at 11:30pm that night. I didn't do anything unusual over the next 5 days and was given an EtG test on that following Thursday at about 10:30am. I'm a 41 year old man, 195 lbs and that was the second time I drank in 2 years. The time before that was about 2 weeks earlier and it was 3 beers.

Does the 80 timetable start at the last drink consumed or once the BAC level reaches zero?

Thanks Dr. Bill
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 2, 2015, 07:41 AM
    Dr Bill no longer posts on this, or any other, site.

Feb 2, 2015, 07:45 AM
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2015, 08:18 AM
    Unfortunately Dr. Bill has no longer been posting on this site. Let me clear your confusion though because whatever method you use to calculate the time for your body to clear any detection levels is totally subjective and distracts you from the real issue of passing a drug/alcohol test with preparation and full compliance.

I have told many clients for years that cheating and half stepping should NOT be an option, and to address the real causes of possible failures. That's a better plan than wasting your time worrying and stressing yourself over a bad decision, or finding an easy way out that just jinxes you later. Fear of failure didn't stop you from taking a chance before, nor will "hedging" your bet with hopeful tricks that are traps, afterward either.

Now learn from past failure and do better. Think and act appropriately BEFORE you drink. Then you don't need the added stress of figuring out if you pass or fail. My way allows you to keep your head up with confidence, your way has you tripping for an encouraging word. It's to late to worry, DEED IS DONE.

My advice now is forget the scientific feel good, and get your head up whether you pass or fail. OWN your actions and be prepared.

In short calculate your ETG timetable from the last thought before your action. Can't you see how sick it is to keep looking for hope from strangers that don't have a clue about you, or your habits and circumstances? Even the science you seek is not exact, or specific, as I have been trying to impress on you from the beginning.

So stop feeding your own fear.

Feb 2, 2015, 11:22 AM
    I understand that and agree with you. But it is human nature to want some sort of verification or learned opinion that will put you at ease. People do want hope when facing negative consequences, whether it's the result of their own actions or not. I'm concerned because of all that I have to lose over a holiday party. I did think about it beforehand, but my research led me to believe the test would go back 80 hours. Would I sacrifice my freedom, family and job for a night of drinking if I thought it would be in the 80 hour range? If so - I deserve the worst outcome possible as I disregarded those things that I claim to be important to me. I verified the soonest I could be tested relative to the day I drank. I felt that with it being way more than 80 hours and that the day I was reporting there was only a chance of me being tested, (it wasn't known), that it was safe to consume. Looking back and feeling the way I do now, I know I would not have. I was so afraid to raise a question as to why I wasn't drinking around my colleagues, that I neglected to think about how I might feel if I did get tested that following Thursday - even though it is outside the 80 hour mark. So, the lesson I've learned is that I shouldn't rely on benchmarks of time, but not to risk it at all, even if I think I thought it through. I'm always nervous walking into probation no matter what. This certainly doesn't help...
    Expert

Feb 2, 2015, 12:40 PM
    I learned the hard way too guy. Yeah we can justify anything if we want too. Right or wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

106 hours after drinking heavily for about 5 days [ 10 Answers ]

I went on vacation, was drinking pretty heavily, came back and I was required to take a drug test including ETG when I returned the following day. I stopped drinking around 3 a.m. on Friday morning and my test was around 2 p.m. On Tuesday which is roughly 106 hours, I was wondering if that is...

I stopped drinking 106 hours before an EtG test [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so basically I had been about 6-8 beers everyday for 10 days and mixed some cocktails in there maybe three times throughout the 10 days, I stopped drinking on July 6th at 2am which was only 1 beer and nothing more, however I just received an EtG test today July 11th at 1130AM this all being...

Two taps can fill a tank in 75/8 hours .Tap of larger diameter take 10 hours less tha [ 1 Answers ]

Two taps can filla tank in 75/8 hours.If tap of larger diameter take 10 hours less than the smaller one to fill the tank separately.Find the time taken by the taps to fill the tank separately?

View more questions Search