Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jchevy93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2015, 10:03 PM
    Military punishment for arrest, is it on my record if not convicted?
    I was in the Army and got arrested for shop lifting. I went through processing at the MP station, wasn't convicted or anything. Only some military discipline with a field grade article 15 and ended up getting discharged under honorable conditions. Now I am going through the police academy and the applications ask for any arrest information. I would prefer to avoid bringing that up... Is there anyway the arrest wouldn't be on my record being that I didn't get convicted?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 04:25 AM
    If you got a Article 15, then there is a record, you may not call it convicted, but the Army will since there was punishment
    Jchevy93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2015, 08:33 AM
    So is that something that would prevent me from becoming a Law Enforcement Officer in the future? If it's not a conviction and I wasn't have to go to court or do any jail time I should be good right?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 09:03 AM
    As Fr Chuck put it, "... you may not call it convicted, but the Army will ...". Police agencies will also consider it as such when you apply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Arrest Record [ 14 Answers ]

Over 10 years ago I was arrested and court martialed for distribution of a controlled substance while serving overseas. I was acquitted during the courts-martial. Later, another soldier ended up accepting a bad conduct discharge for the offense since the evidence in my courts-martial pointed...

Will military background check show arrest record? [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking into joining the military. I was arrested but the charges were dismissed. Will the military's background check show my arrest record? If so, will it tell them why I was arrested? I really want to get the ball rolling, so fast yet valid answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Why does a charge show up on my record from the military if I was never convicted? [ 4 Answers ]

While in the Air Force I was partying with some friends one night. We were all hammered drunk. A femail airmen and I were messing around sexually, but did not have any form of intercorse. She later told her friend it was not consentual afraid her boyfriend would find out, and leave her. Her friend...

US citizenship Arrest not convicted [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a Green card and is arrested for Domestic violence but was not convicted and the DA's office dropped the case. - Will affect the Citizenship process

Arrest record. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I live in Los Angeles, CA. Last year me and my boy-friend have an argument when I called 911 on him, but instead got arrested myself, even though by the time they arrived I claimed that it was a mistake and I didn't need their involvement. In the police report they stated that he...

View more questions Search