Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justin ls Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2015, 06:54 PM
    Can a probation officer go into a place to see if you applied?
    Is my probation officer or so able to go into a place that I applied at and ask them if I came in and put in an application?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 29, 2015, 07:13 PM
    Why not?

Jan 29, 2015, 07:32 PM
    Wouldn't it efect the chance of me getting a job?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2015, 07:35 PM
    Do you tell potential workplaces that you are on probation? If not, do they need to know?

Jan 29, 2015, 08:06 PM
    Yes I do but still, it feels like legally they couldn't go in an do that. Cause then the mangers like well we don't need that around here. Do you think there aloud to do that?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 29, 2015, 08:16 PM
    Yes, they're allowed to do that. You're on probation, which means that you're under supervision. If part of your probation is getting a job, your probation officer can check up to make sure you're applying and doing your best to get a job. Unless you lied on your application and didn't inform the employer that you're on probation, your probation officer showing up shouldn't make a difference. Part of being on probation is having your freedom taken away. It's better than jail, and you could very well be in jail instead of on probation, so I would suck it up if I were you.

Also it's "Do you think they're allowed", not "do you think there aloud". The way you wrote it signifies that a place other than here is speaking aloud, and the rest just can't even be interpreted. Learning to write properly will help in your job search, and your future.

Good luck.

Jan 29, 2015, 08:41 PM
    Do u know that for a fact though or just saying that cause it makes sense.
    An xhexk this out I've been in prison since I was 18 got out 2 weeka ago so you I'm a little rusty and typing this in on a phone with little buttons so you their is going to be some mistakes ya( ted mosby)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 29, 2015, 08:46 PM
    For a fact? No. For fact you'll need to find out what the laws are where you live. This is a worldwide site, and laws very by state, by province, by country, etc. etc. etc. Drive a hundred miles and there are different laws. You're asking us to give a definite without enough info to do so.

But in most places, one you're on probation, you're subject to your probation officer being up in your business, no matter what you do.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2015, 09:22 PM
    Anyone can go and ask if you applied for a job. Its not legally protected information. If seeking employment is a provision of your probation, then yes, your probation officer is going to verify your contacts. There are companies that specialize in giving folks a second chance after legal troubles and often work with probation/parole officers to find employees. You may want to ask your probation officer if he/she has any leads on places like this, who won't frown on your record.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2015, 04:30 AM
    Yes they may, and often will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my probation officer allowed to do this if there is a no contact order in place [ 5 Answers ]

Can my probation officer go to my girlfriend apartment and legally search her apartment to see if I am there if there is a no contact order between us two?

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

View more questions Search