Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farfellow Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Jan 26, 2015, 10:58 PM
    Slight vibration on gas and brake pedal
    Hi!
    I have an 07 Ford Fusion V6 with slight vibration on gas and brake pedals and steering wheel.
    What happened a month ago I blew off a spark plug from the engine, I was running on 5 cylinders before I pulled over. Threads was ripped out and coil melted. Anyway, it has been re threaded, spark plug and coil replaced (without take the top of the engine off) and I haven't had any problems until now. Driving home I noticed my gas pedal has slight vibration when accelerating from a stop and a light pressure. Few days later I noticed the brakes pedal and steering wheel started to have a slight vibration as well when I'm on idle or stop on red light.
    I'm not sure if blowing off the spark plug did some minor damage and is now getting worse... funny is I don't have engine light on so I don't know if it has something to do with it. Bad gas? Water in gas tank? Dirty fuel injectors? Dirty or sticky throttle? Throttle cable?

Advice please!
    CW
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2015, 05:45 AM
    Thoughts:

Check the torque on all of the spark plugs. Ensure helicoil is holding. Consider cleaning the throttle body and the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV). Replace the fuel filter, if it has not been changed in 30,000 miles.

Jan 27, 2015, 04:23 PM
    Thanks! Waiting for the weekend to happen before I can do this and a friend of mine to supervise so I don't screw up. Also very overdue on replacing the fuel filter.
    One thing I also noticed, it only vibrates when I'm on Drive... no vibration in Park, Neutral, Reverse or Load on idle.
    I'll clean up the throttle body and IACV and replace the fuel filter and ill give you an update.

Feb 14, 2015, 04:49 PM
    *UPDATE* sorry took this long.
    Cleaned the throttle body and fuel injectors. The vibration stopped - problem solved.

Cheers!
    Cristina W
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2015, 05:53 PM
    Good job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to adjust brake light sensitvity at brake pedal -Dodge ram 2002 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My brake lights come on sometimes after I have left vehicle. I can force them off by pulling up on brake pedal or wedging something behind pedal. It kills my batteries when it goes un-noticed. Is this an adjustment? Or do I need to replace the brake switch? I have looked (awkward to get at)...

I have a 93 caravan 3.3l and the abs and brake lights are on and the brake pedal stif [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 dodge caravan 3.3l with 113k and the brake and abs lights are on and the pedal is stiff. I just finished a brake job on it and the lights are still on and pedal is still stiff. How do I fix this problem

Ceiling fans are making some noise, slight vibration and one has been slow even when [ 3 Answers ]

I have seven ceiling fans that were installed shortly after we had this home built almost four years ago. All are from Lowe's and are the Harbor Breeze brand. The one in the great room has a five foot drop from a 20 foot ceiling. When on the high speed has some swaying and makes a slight noise....

View more questions Search