Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hitendra ram Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2005, 08:38 PM
    Access Run Time Error
    Runtime error '1004'. How can I have this fixed!
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Mar 3, 2005, 10:56 AM
    Try these
    Go to start/run type in chkdsk it will run a check of your disks,
    Then go to start/run type in chkdsk /f and say yes, it will check and fix your disk errors upon your next restart, I do this a lot to prevent problems.

Then go to start/run type in cmd then type in that window sfc/scannow
    Have your Winxp co handy, it will replace any windows protected files that have been deleted,corrupted or taken over by viruses, trojans and the like.

Do this also on a regular maintenance schedule.

Also run and use Spybot, Adware SE, Anti Vir Anti Virus or AVG anti virus or AVast Anti Virus or use them all, they are all free and the 3 anti virus progz review out as the 3 best.

Also a program like Fix It Utilities or Advanced System Optimizer will help with such problems and a free little proggy or 2, called, Regclean and Regcleaner
    Also this little free one can clean out errors and problems.
    REGSCRUBXP http://www.itsfree4u.com/registry.shtml

And going to a free check and fix it website, wouldn't hurt, along with a couple of free online Virus scans, just type these searches into your browser, it will find them.

Also doing a proper defrag can help, find some free demos of O&O defrag, Perfectdisk or Diskeeper Pro, all 3 are great progz, use the free demos, then maybe get one of them.

After you have a completely clean system, then go to system Restore and make good clean restore point, name it and date it, so you know this one is completely clean.

Use the restore point then if you have future problems.

Oh and try this Spyware Adware proggie, very excellent one also.
    SPY CLEANER GOLD http://www.download.com/Spy-Cleaner-...l?tag=lst-0-21

If anything, doing all of the above will surely clean out your system and have it running extremely well again.

Also if you can find Spysweeper, its another great program for Spyware and Adware.

;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vb 6.3 run time error [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help here. I am writing applications for my company using Excel 2003 and Visual Basic 6.3. The applications I have written before we got Windows XP used Excel and Visual Basic 6.0. To call up the Input form I have used the following code: Sub auto_open() UserForm1.Show End Sub ...

Automation error in MS Access [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Please Help I am working with an Access database that was developed using Office 97 and was converted to the 2002-2003 Access file format. On this one form there are 26 text boxes (representing yearly pay periods) and on the “On Lost Focus” event for each text box the person who...

MS access error [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am required to run series of MS Access Queries in a sequence one after another. I want to do this automatically as each query takes like 2-3 minutes. So, I created a form and as soon as the form loads, each query is executed. When I try to run my query for like last 5 day data,...

Access Denied Error [ 10 Answers ]

Problem: Can not access data on a Hard Drive which came from another (now discarded) PC. The HD won't boot by itself (has XP Pro installed which I think is corrupted ). I have the HD mounted as a 2nd HD in a new (XP Pro) computer. The HD is visible as D: and I can see all the directories, but...

Access 2000 error [ 5 Answers ]

Hello to all. We are using an access database 2000 with 30 users. The dbase size is 50 Gig. For some reason we keep getting an error messsage that the dbase is not in recognized format and has to be repaired. This error can show up to 10 times a day. Please help. Thanks

View more questions Search