Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracy gold Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2015, 11:46 AM
    How do I transfer my drug court from Indiana to Pinellas County?
    I am on drug court in Fort Wayne, Indiana. How do I legally transfer to Pinellas County in Florida?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2015, 03:05 PM
    You contact both courts, and explain what you want. Your parole officer would be the starting point.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 06:51 PM
    First is there even a drug court where you want to go? Many places do not have them. You will have to get permission from your current location just to move. Permission of the new court ( if they will take you)

Expect this to be a longer process. Also, how has been your results, if you have had trouble with court they may not allow
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 07:20 AM
    What is it that is pending in "drug court" in Indiana? A criminal prosecution? Chances are that no, you cannot transfer such a case to another state. On the other hand, if it is probation you want to transfer, you might, as has been suggested, ask your parole officer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 07:30 AM
    I highly doubt you can transfer your drug case and will be compelled to appear on the date they set.
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 08:52 AM
    Have you posted bail in Indiana? Do the conditions of bail allow you to leave the state? If not, you are in additional trouble for having violated your bail.
    Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 06:15 PM
    I believe you misunderstand, drug court is not bail, or trails, drug court is a alternative program similar to probation. The case is sent to a special court where they report to the court every week or two week, or maybe once a month.
    The difference a probation officer can not order changes, here the judge can send them to jail for a few days, order new programs and so on.

So think of drug court as a probation system where the probation officer is a judge and can bypass all of the probation issues.
    Expert

Jan 27, 2015, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr Chuck
    I believe you misunderstand, drug court is not bail, or trails (sic), drug court is a alternative program similar to probation. The case is sent to a special court ...
    I don't know if you are addressing me or the OP. But as with any other sort of criminal court proceeding, I was reminding OP to be sure to consider the bail conditions, if any.
    Expert

Jan 27, 2015, 07:08 PM
    I was doing a correction since bail does not apply to drug court, drug court is a specialized alternative financed often by grants from federal government as a option to normal sentencing. So if they are in a "drug court" program, they were already in regular court and the case was sent to drug court for processing. At this point treatment and rules of behavior (like probation) is issued.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

violation of probation hearing pinellas county, Florida [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening, I went to see my probation officer to extend my probation or so I thought because I couldn't pay off all my fines. The time expired and she put me in for violation of probation. I have a court date at the end of the month. The original charge was a DUI. If I have everything paid off...

How to legally transfer PTI (drug court ) to another state [ 5 Answers ]

I am on probation started on the 18th of November 2010 I have two charges both felonies but one was reduced to misd. But kept felony case number, weird any way on felony probation as well. Also Currently attending Drug Court as part of my PTI how do I transfer this from FL to NC ? What are my...

Violation of probation in pinellas county tested positive 3 times [ 4 Answers ]

I tested positive for marijuana 2 times in a row and then the third test showed alcohol currently I am doing community service to pay off a fine What is going to happen to me when I go to see the judge?

Violation of probation in pinellas county, Florida [ 1 Answers ]

violated probation with a dirty urine. Serving 10 year term and have done 1 1/2 years of this probation with no problems. The 10 years probation was part of a split sentence. I served 14 of a 20 year prison term and had the 10 years paper to follow. What are the chances of being sent back to...

View more questions Search