Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pulgogi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 09:32 PM
    What could be a solution for this bathroom sink leak issue?
    Any time I turn on either faucet (hot/cold) it starts leaking in the cabinet under. If I shine a light up to see where the water is coming from, it's a hole right in between where the handles are. The hole has a stick coming out of it which controls the stopper. That's where the water seems to be coming out from. Is there a easy DIY way of fixing this problem or do I need a plumber?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 06:25 AM
    Remove the faucet handles. If there are any covers under the handles remove those. Turn on the water. You will probably see water coming out around the stems. Tighten the big nut around the stem about 1/8 of a turn.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 07:17 AM
    I think HK is right the water is coming from under the handles themselves and should just need tightening or depending on brand, changing the rubber washers/o rings which are cheap and an easy to fix. You will know when you remove the handles, and crack the water open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a filter on the faucet in the bathroom cause a leak under the bathroom sink? [ 2 Answers ]

My son has a leak under his bathroom sink, he also has a filter on the faucet of the bathroom sink. Can the filter on the faucet cause a leak under the sink. This is what he was told by his community maintenance guy.

Leak from the bathroom sink [ 5 Answers ]

I recently found a leak in the bolt above the hot water valve (see image). I shut the valve off to stop the leak but when I turned it back on, the leak was gone but there was also hardly any water coming from the tap. Is the leak and water pressure issue something I can fix myself or should I call...

Leak under bathroom sink [ 20 Answers ]

I have a link under the bathroom sink that I'm having a hard time figuring out. The link is a pretty steady drip when the faucets are running. The leak originates behind the nut that screws onto the coupling from the pipe coming out of the wall. From the p trap a pvc pipe slides into a larger...

Leak under bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one handle bathroom sink. Underneath the sink, under the escutcheon, there is a small leak of water coming out of the middle hole. It is the same hole that the stopper plug rod goes up into. It's the hole between the hot and cold water line connections. Where is this leak coming from and...

Possible bathroom/bathtub leak or drainage issue. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem in my bathroom, by my tub/shower, but I don't know if it's a leak or what. Here's a little background: Bought the house in June of 2006. Had the bathroom redone entirely (tub surround, vanity, sink, cabinet, plumbing checked, drywall removed and replaced next to tub, drywall...

View more questions Search