Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joekel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 10:09 AM
    green stool
    I have had green stool the last two days should I go to the ER?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 24, 2015, 01:32 PM
    Did you eat anything with food coloring in it like cereal maybe?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 24, 2015, 01:48 PM
    Not normally cause for concern. It means your food has passed through your bowels fast with the aid of a laxative. If no, then see your doctor If you are alarmed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 24, 2015, 01:55 PM
    I believe that green in the stool is extra bile, and it is not cause for concern.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 08:22 AM
    It is something I would go to the doctor for, not urgently but quickly. That being said there are certain purple food dyes that will cause this to happen. For example I had a FULL pound package of blueberry twizler candy. The next day I left several kerry green turds in the toilet. Not something I was concerned with but if it happened for longer then it takes to void that from my system I would have gone to a doctor.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 04:45 PM
    I ate Fruit Loops cereal and had green poop...doesn't last for long but it is there once or twice...lol.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2015, 04:51 PM
    You really don't provide a lot of information. Even if you had, there are no doctors on this site. If you're concerned then I'd see your doctor. I don't think there's a reason to go to the ER, but again that's your decision, we can't give you a medical opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood in stool, Then no stool [ 2 Answers ]

On Thursday I had bright blood in my stool so on Friday afternoon I went to my doctor, He told me that if it continues to come back, he had also check by bp (blood pressure) and said it was high at 132 and told me to come back, Since then It's been 1 week and I have had no stool? And I don't feel...

I am 25 weeks pregnant. When I go to the bathroom my stool is green, its not all the [ 2 Answers ]

I am 25 weeks pregnant. When I go to the bathroom my stool is green, its not all the time but it has been more then a couple times. What does this mean?

Green Stool and Blood [ 2 Answers ]

The Past month or so I go to sit down to go to the bathroom and I don't pass a bowel movement but when I go to wipe there is blood coming out of my rectum , I finally took a bowel movement about 10 minutes later! The toilet paper has blood all over it and noticed there was some blood attached to my...

Green stool in puppies. [ 6 Answers ]

My brother has just got a new puppie, it is about 12 weeks old. Its poo has been sort of Green not runny or hard just greenish color. Is that normal, Please Advise?

View more questions Search