Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigC1228 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 05:34 AM
    My rights
    My fiance' purchased me a new vehicle about 7 months ago. He lives in Georgia and I live in NY. He came out to visit and felt my old car wasn't adequate enough for me to drive. I told him I couldn't afford a payment and I was okay with my car. He insisted on going to the dealership and I picked a vehcile I liked. He got a loan from Ford Motor Company which is leased. He has been making all the payments and he only has driven the truck 2 times. I have emails and text messages stating "It's my truck, he just making the payments, he got the truck for me, he hates Ford's, and a bunch of other things". Now we broke up and he called ford and told them to call me because he now wants me to take the vehicle back to the dealership. What are my rights I live in Suffolk County NY. I tried reaching out to him even offering to pay the note myself he has yet to contact me back. Can he report the vehcile stolen if I don't surrender the truck?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2015, 06:46 AM
    You have a right to get this vehicle out of his name, and in yours. That's between you and Ford though, not him, as he has the right to protect his name, and credit. You have been notified to return the vehicle, and should do so before further action is taken by him to get it.

Your gift of a leased vehicle seems to be over, as is this relationship.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 24, 2015, 09:08 AM
    How is it that you are using his name on this post. He has logged in to our website using the same name.

If he reports the vehicle stolen and lists you as the last driver, you are going to have to come up with the vehicle.

Why did you tell him he had already picked it up ? Something doesn't add up here. You had both better get your stories straight.
    BigC1228 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2015, 09:17 AM
    What makes you think I'm using his name? Now that, that's out the way there is no story to tell. I'm asking real questions and stating all facts without trying to put so much information on the net.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 24, 2015, 09:36 AM
    Your story is internally inconsistent. Did he lease the vehicle or did he purchase it? In either way, I suspect that it is in his name, not yours. Unless you, your ex, and Ford are able to all agree on a re-financing deal, he has the right to take possession of the vehicle and there isn't anything you can do about it.

... he hates Ford's ...
    He hates Ford's what? Ford's dealers? Ford's color choices ("any color you want, as long as it's black")? Ford's product line? Or are you trying to say that he hates Fords (i.e. products made by Ford Motor Company)?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 24, 2015, 09:45 AM
    NOTE:

Ex boyfriend asked a question under this posters username and was deleted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spousal living rights pertaining to rights of survivor ship deed in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has her son on the deed to her house, written as joint tenants with rights of survivor ship. What happens if my wife passes away, Do I have any rights as to continuing to live in the house. Her son has refused to remove his name from the deed. Where do I stand ?

Dead beat dad rights ? NJ, Child Abadonment, Removing parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

A little background on my situation. I had a child at 17 yrs old with an 18 yr old guy. I left the father when my son was 6 months old due to physical abuse. It was not safe for my child. He has only seen our son a hand full of times since then, and not at all in the past 4 years. I do...

Relationship between individual rights or public-order rights advocates and URC/NIBRS [ 1 Answers ]

Would an individual rights advocate or a public-order advocate better support the URC/NIBRS?

The human rights of a sex offender supersede the rights of young kids in an group [ 13 Answers ]

Can you advise me ref a sex convicted sex offender being allowed to remain in a group that has a child protection policy.complaints have been made.from parents and adult members and have been ignored.the last coment from a senior person in charge of child policy the sex offender coulfd not be...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

View more questions Search