Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Packman6686 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2005, 08:35 PM
    Don't know what to do about this girl
    I'm having a problem with this girl at my school. She's really someone special to me, but I just don't know what to do anymore. Here's the situation.

There's a girl at my school named Amber, and she is so cool. She's real, she's fun to just be around, and I think she's really cute. We've been friends for about a year now. I've really taken a liking to her and want to go with her to prom, but I don't know if I should ask her or not. She knows I like her, but she really doesn't know to what extent. She has another guy that she really likes, Mitch. Mitch and her have been friends since grade school. She really likes him, but he doesn't seem that into her. However, he knows that she likes him, and has been doing just enough to keep her thinking she still has a chance with him. Her friends have warned her of the situation. According to those same friends (whom I happen to be really good friends with), if it weren't for mitch, she would, and I quote, "probably want to date Justin"... that being me. The prom is in a month and a half, and I just don't know what to do. Things have been like this for at least 2 months, but I want to do something about it now. I really want to get this girl because I've never had a girlfriend before and I've had the best connection with her of any girl I've ever liked. I want this, even if she may not be "the one". I at least want to have the chance. Should I talk to her? Should I ask her to prom? Should I just move on? HELP!!
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2005, 09:12 PM
    Prom Fear
    What you have here is a fear of rejection. That is why you posted the message. You are afraid she will reject you.

In real life, people do reject other people.

Your imagined fear is far worse than the real fear of rejection. If you do not ask her out, it will prey on you for years. You will be left wondering whether she would have accepted you or not and why you settled for second best.

Go on, ask her. You might be pleasantly surprised that she has the same feelings for you too.

Let me know how it works out.
    Jogan2090 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
    You should go for it.
    always_learning is right.

I guess you can say that I've been in similar position, and there were times when I was right in front of the girl and before I could say something, there were always something in the way... It was frustrating for me, so now, there are days when I look back and wonder... If I had actually done it? What if I told her how I felt?

Now, I've been thinking that life is all about risks, it's how you choose them, and you'll always have probabilities and all that... mumbo jumbo... But, you never really know the outcome of it.. until you go for it. You'll be surprised.

So, take a chance, go for it. Just be yourself.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2005, 01:37 PM
    It's a confidence game my man. Confidence. Practice in a mirror AND imagine her saying YES!! Get all the fear out of your head. She will say YES!

FEAR =

F = False

E = Emotions

(instead of)

A = Actual

R = Reality

FEAR is an fake emotion. Nothing to be afraid about. Be cool about this. It's acting. Think of one of your favorite TV stars or movie star - what he he do?? He would go in and close the deal. Just be cool about and act like it's no big deal - that if she actual said no, it wound not ruin you world.
    Packman6686 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2005, 05:04 PM
    Thanks
    Hey everybody thanks for your input. I called her up last night to ask her out, and indeed she said yes. I haven't stopped smiling in 24 hours, so thanks for all your input. Pray for us! :D
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2005, 03:47 PM
    See my man...

CONFIDENCE!! Use this the rest of your life!!

Good job!!

NOW - don't be needy clingy!! Don't call her every day. Keep YOUR life. Concentrate on school, sports, friends, family - trust me - she is not your life. Ok? She is a small part.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2005, 07:10 AM
    Girl
    Hi,
    Congratulations on asking her out.
    That was a very, very big step, and I am so proud of you!
    Treat her like a lady in every sense of the word, and she will like you.
    Treat her with respect, and you will have a friend.

Best of luck,
    fredg
    Jogan2090 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2005, 02:57 PM
    Awesome
    Awesome...

Way to go!
    Xaniz Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Wildcat is a God... I bet he stole my Chicktionary, any ways, That "what would a TV star do" best advice ever I think of Will Smith Playing on Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Best Role-Model for dating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, how are you? How can I get the girl of my dreams? What does a girl want from a man When you fancie a girl should you tell her that you fancie her. How can you make her fancie you or be intrested in you. If I tell the firl I like her will she be intrested in me or will she ignore me? ...

Help with a girl... [ 5 Answers ]

I have known this girl all year but I have only recently started talking to her she is a very nice girl but my problem is not her its more around her she is mexican I am white and I have a very traditional family that is not really even the major problem I was recently thinking of asking her out...

Girl help [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, how are you? How can I get the girl of my dreams? What does a girl want from a man When you fancie a girl should you tell her that you fancie her. How can you make her fancie you or be intrested in you. If I tell the firl I like her will she be intrested in me or will she ignore me? ...

That Girl [ 7 Answers ]

OK so what if this girl says that she's kind of busy with sport for awhile and doesn't think she's ready for a Bf now. But says she loves talking to me and tells me that I'm nice.what do I do.

Help with a girl [ 10 Answers ]

Just to help you guys out, I will be a freshman in high school next year. I have been on dates with plenty of girls my age and older but none of them are quite like this girl. She however is a year younger than I am and will not yet be in high school. (she looks older than she is and acts more...

View more questions Search