Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolynbailey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2015, 05:57 PM
    Can a person on ssd be sued for non payment to a person that help them to receive ssd
    Can a person on ssd be sued for non payment to a person that help them to receive ssd. Also they sign a contract and gave me poa.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2015, 10:42 PM
    You can sue whomever you'd like. Winning is an entirely different matter, and collecting from someone on Social Security Disability is another hurdle. Small Claims court is designed to be user friendly, and you can file the paperwork yourself. Please note that as a Social Security Disability Advocate, you are required by law to work on contingency, and can only charge 25% of the back pay award your client receives, up to a maximum of six thousand dollars with some additional out of pocket fees.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I received SSD lump sum payment, how much taxes % will the IRS want back [ 1 Answers ]

I received my SSD lump sum payment after close to 3yrs waiting, now I am told I have to pay taxes on that lump sum of nearly 50K. What % do they want? The 50K is gone cause of all the money I borrowed from family and friends while waiting 3yrs to receive my SSD.

How much can a family with a disabled mom and 6 children receive from SSD? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mom of 6 and if I receive SSD can you tell me about what I am to exoect possibly? I first applied 6 yrs ago. I have Bi Polar Disorder, PTSD, and OCD. Just had my hearing a few days ago. Even though I applied then, they have my onset date just 3 yrs back. Does anyone know what this...

Whow can I report a person who charge a person to make him a ligal person in the usa [ 3 Answers ]

A woman that married an illigal immigrant to get him his resident card by charging him money they bught a house under bouth names to present to immigration that they are living together but the truth is they live separe he lives with the mother of his children and she lives with her grilfrien she...

Will my children receive SSD backpay from their father's disability? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering when my 2 sons are approved for disability benefits (SSD) on behalf of their father, will the backpay they receive start from the date that I applied for them, or will it go retro from the time HE applied or was found disabled. Thanks

View more questions Search