Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxBubbleGummxX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2015, 02:39 PM
    Lights don't Work!! NEED HELP
    I have 2 lights in my break room and both of them won't turn on anymore. They each have 3 Philips 800 Series T8 fluorescent lamps in them. I switched out the lamps for new one but the lights still didn't come on. Is there anything I might be able to do to fix the issue? Is it mundane, or will I need to get an electrician in to repair something?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 15, 2015, 05:42 PM
    Check to insure that breaker has not tripped.

Do you have a meter? If so do you know how to use it?
    MWRyland Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2015, 06:46 AM
    Ballist may be bad. If you can do minimal wiring you can replace them yourself. Inside the fixture there is a white cover that clips out. Remove the cover and you'll see the ballist. Use a meter to see if there is power coming to it. If there is then switch out the ballist.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2015, 10:56 AM
    As HK said first thing to check would be breaker. It would be every rare for ballasts to go in both lights at same time.

The next thing to check would be the wall switch.

Check

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tail lights, signal lights and gauge lights, don't work [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a 2003 kia that has a few fixing up to do. Someone broke in the night before I bought it and stoled the cd and cassett player. When I turnd the car on my brake lights only worked. I took it to auto zone where they got my head lights working and the guy told me I have an electrical problem....

Kenmore dishwasher won't turn on-cycle lights work, option lights don't [ 0 Answers ]

My Kenmore dishwasher (just under 4 years old) stopped working today... the "cycles" lights on the left all turn on still, but the "options" lights on the right (which includes the start button) won't turn on, which means I cannot start the dishwasher. I made sure the child lock was off, and reset...

My park lights, my dash lights don't work at all in my 1999 accord lx. Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I was installing some window washer led nozzles for my car today and spliced the red wire I'm pretty sure since I thought it was the parking light. When I turned the lights on to see if it worked, the parking lights not worked, not only that, but now my dash light is not working as well as my rear...

Tail lights and dash lights don't work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1995 dodge ram 2500 the tail lights and dsh lights are out and it keeps blowing the fuse what is wrong?

Lights don't work? [ 3 Answers ]

All of a sudden, the lights in my family and the light in the laundry room stopped working. The rooms are next to each other. The washer/ dryer have not been affected. In the family room, the outlets on the same wall as where the switch for the lights is, don't work. And when I plug an outlet...

View more questions Search