Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2015, 02:18 PM
    Now you're a mind reader? Best let the cops handle it.

@ Tom
    he who must not be named.
    What does that mean?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2015, 05:52 PM
    guessing you aren't familiar with the Harry Potter series .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2015, 06:25 PM
    Do we need to take our lead from something demonic Tom? No doubt you have heard the muslim response to "je suis charlie", "charlie is satan", pot calling the kettle black again
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 01:56 AM
    in this case it is appropriate because there is a comparison between the villain of the series Voldermort (he who must not be named) and Mohammed . The west is plagued by this fear of offending the followers of Mohammed . Now JK Rowling has stated she modelled Voldermort after Hitler . But the same appeasing applies today and the series is full of social commentary that makes it a worthwhile read despite your own unfair critique of it as simply being demonic stories of wizardry .
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 04:30 AM
    My critique is not unfair that is exactly what it is but we don't need to take our examples from fantasy we have more that enough in the real world, including more than one he who shall not be named, I'll quote you from another fantasy, he has a name it is just that the likes of you are not permitted to know it, which typifies the muslim attitude towards the kaffir.

Once again muslims around the world have demonstrated their unreasoning fear that any person should depict their prophet and the reason for this is that Mudhutmad is a dead prophet, and as they revere him as a lesser god, to make an image of him is a craven image and in their rage they will kill and maim, pillage and destroy. Extremism knows no boundries and so I expect a Fatwa declaring once again the death of charlie and all associated with it
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 08:27 AM
    That's an exaggeration Clete about Muslims around the world, and you know it. This is more about YOUR own fears, and hates than an uproar about the depiction of an Islamic prophet, perpetrated by a small band of dissident extremist egged on, fueled, and funded by some greedy arabs and criminals for profit (NOT prophet), and it's a simple matter to just follow the money to realize that Islam is beset by a faction manipulating and stoking the flames of fear that are way out of proportion to the true nature of this conflict.

This isn't about free speech, or religion at all, but the oldest motive in the world, GREED, and power through manipulation. I doubt you ever see the forest for the trees since your view of a tree is so skewed. Take heart though as you are not the only one that's distracted by hate therefore making you but a pawn of the ones you fear the most, and have become ignorantly complicit in furthering the ends of those greedy arabs who subvert a religion and a people for their own gain.

Your short term rants are exactly what the extremists want from you. Clearly your confusion makes the criminal terrorists successful, since you side with the chaos they seek. If you and the rest of the misguided haters didn't give in to the hate, they would lose.

Having blasted you for your hate mongering, I must also credit you for being spot on about the notion of proxy wars, since the devil will never come out and admit his own mischief, but why do you fall for it knowing thats whats happening?
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 08:59 AM
    Governor Bobby Jindal is going to make a major address on this subject Monday in London. He will do what Egyptian President al-Sisi has already done ;and what French intellectual Bernard-Henri Levi recently wrote ...calling out the Muslim community to unambiguously denounce radical Islam (if they really feel that jihsdism is an apostate ) ;and to take active measures to purge them from their communities.
    Those whose faith is Islam must proclaim very loudly, very often and in great numbers their rejection of this corrupt and abject form of theocratic passion. Too often have we heard that France’s Muslims should be summoned to explain themselves. They don’t need to explain themselves, but they should feel called to express their tangible brotherhood with their massacred fellow citizens. In so doing, they would put to rest once and for all the lie of a spiritual commonality between their faith as they know it and that of the murderers.
    They have the responsibility—the opportunity—before history and their own conscience to echo the “Not in our name!” with which Britain’s Muslims dissociated themselves last year from the Islamic State killers of journalist James Foley. But they also have the even more urgent duty to define their identity as sons and daughters of an Islam of tolerance and peace.
    Islam must be freed from radical Islam. We must say and say again: To assassinate in the name of God is to make God an assassin by association. What is needed from Islamic scholars and their many followers is a courageous statement of modernization—like the aggiornamento of the Second Vatican Council in the 1960s—clearly stating that, in a democracy, forcing obeisance to the holy is an attack on the freedom of thought. They should explicitly acknowledge that in the eyes of the law, religions are systems of thought with no greater or lesser status than that of secular ideologies—and that the right to doubt them, debate them and laugh at them, like the right to join or leave them, is the inalienable right of every citizen.
    Bernard-Henri Lévy: A France United Against Radical Islam - WSJ
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 09:12 AM
    Bobby Jindal also states he no longer wants to be labelled as a hyphenated ' Indian-American '. He's an American.
    Bobby Jindal disowns Indian-American label, says hyphenated America is not good - The Times of India
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 12:49 PM
    Good for them, but minorities are better served standing for their own rights and not for what everyone else demands they should stand for. Doesn't seem to be enough they denounced the actions of criminals as being wrong after ignoring the actions of the dead artist for decades, and even marching with the protesters, now you demand more? That's akin to the hypocrisy of freeing the slaves and oppressing their freedom for a hundred years before they could finally exercise the freedom to vote, and move about the society as the former masters have done. And that was a hundred years after the master wrote all men are created equal.

Jindal is of course free to have his opinion and do as he pleases, but selling it to an already skeptical population is a whole different matter. I am sure that if Mr.Levy expects a united France, then he also recognizes the many reforms (economic mostly stifled by forces beyond the government control like the economy) the French have yet to make.

Even in America where unemployment among the young is still high, rallying for a cause is a lower priority than say food on the tale. These are globally and universally, conditions for rebellion, rather than solidarity. Demands for support of someone else's causes fall on deaf ears when you have all but ignored the causes of others. Fair perception,or not.

It's a good concept but implementation has problems, because talk is cheap.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 01:44 PM
    Tal why do you ignore what happens in places remote from a incident to say that the arabs are behind it, the wahabbist sect of Islam is behind it and that has taken root in many countries where there isn't an arab in sight. Calls to remove jihadism from islam are actually calls to remove the wahabbists and the many sunni and shiite who want to push forward their sects view. The place for these people and these views is back in their home country and even in those places they cannot be controlled. The fact is Islam is an arabian religion born out of jihad, it will not change because that fight is at the very root of the foundation of the religion. They raise the black flag for a reason, we should remember the significance of the black flag and act accordingly
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 01:53 PM
    so you think poverty is the only relevant issue ? Sorry ,poverty does not cause terrorism . Why aren't Haitians blowing up US sky scrapers and randomly attacking non-Haitians ?
    The root cause is the ideology of the "religion" .

But you will never be able to convince lefties of that ,where in the dialectic, the divide of the material world is the sole root of all conflict . All that Islamists need to be peaceful is multicultural laws and a generous welfare state.... right ?

To the Islamist ,it's an issue of power . That's why bin Laden was able to recruit some of the smartest jihadists to sacrifice their lives on 9-11. Their grievance was not about material possessions. However ,I do admit that they do know the audience they are playing to ...... so often they cater to what the lefties want to hear about the 'root causes' of their 'extremism' .
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 02:07 PM
    All that Islamists need to be peaceful is multicultural laws and a generous welfare state.... right ?
    We wish that that is right Tom but it isn't our experernce. Our experience is that such laws just allow entrenched attitudes to remain entrenched and not be dealt with. If multiculturism breeds out jihad then we would have no young Australian muslims fighting in Syria, instead we have the deadliest muslim death cult being led by an Australian. Such people also want to use multiculturism to subvert the laws and introduce sharia law. I would just like these liberal bleeding hearts to crawl back into their hole and enjoy the fruits of their liberalism in a dank, dark, place because if islam gains the ascendency that is what they will be doing
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 02:55 PM
    Why don't you two Skype each other and discuss this. Your 'discussion' is getting old. This is already 'gone down the drain' and you both go off topic!!
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 03:34 PM
    Why don't you contribute to the discussion so that the topic will not "grow" old. Perhaps it is that you fail to understand there is an underlying problem which is not understood in relation to jihadists and that is their circumstances do not make them do it

You also fail to realise there are more than two people in this conversation. The topic is the outcome of jihadism and my comments are on topic, that someoneelse wants to talk about the weather, or political ideology is not my problem
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 17, 2015, 04:25 PM
    Ugh, yes I have contributed but I don't argue the point. Both of you need to focus on other issues. Yes I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. All I have to do is PICK UP MY PAPER and I do NOT fail to understand that where I live can be targeted AT ANY TIME.

I do not have to be reminded HERE Paraclete !
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 04:49 PM
    Tickle this forum is for the discussion of current issues, thus the name Members Discussions/Current Events. If your opinion is to be only informed by the newspapers then that is up to you but there are more opinions in this world than what is found in the media and if we wish to seek them here then we have the freedom to do so, if you don't like the topic you are free not to respond. You apparently live in a liberal society that respects opinions so why do you deny us ours?

We, none of us, live in the best of all possible worlds.

As to being reminded that jihadists exist within our societies, have not current events demonstrated this not only in my country but in your own as well as in other liberal democracies. We are a victim of our openness and liberalism and should you be offended by that comment, it is my opinion given without apology.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2015, 05:12 PM
    No one but a madman
    Would want this in their society

BBC News - Charlie Hebdo: Niger protesters set churches on fire

Destruction of the property of people who have nothing to do with the events in Paris tell us one thing, muslims are not rational people but if that is a bridge too far for you, subsaharian african people are not rational people. This may be the actions of a few but it is indicative of an endemic problem that exists in many parts of the world but some parts are over represented and if you look you find extremist islamic views which are giving rise to wider problems in those places. These people want their views respected but it is impossible to respect these views because of the violence and senseless behaviour.

Any fundamentalist view that says others are apostate and therefore should die is unacceptable and there is a failure to recognise this is at the heart of the matter
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2015, 03:13 AM
    The topic is the outcome of jihadism and my comments are on topic, that someoneelse wants to talk about the weather, or political ideology is not my problem
    Ideology is at the center of the topic..... the jihadist's ,and the western response. It is telling that some in the west deny the very rational that the jihadists use to justify their violence . Political correctness and 'western guilt' is our big weakness .
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2015, 03:21 AM
    Agreed, we are too frightened of offending someone, this may come from a litigeous society but I think it stems from a namby pamby attitude of those who want us to accept anything and don't want to hear objections, well I remain opposed to certain things. Say what you like about Putin he puts his money where his mouth is and doesn't easily back down, we need more leaders like this, particularly when dealing with muslim extremism
    Expert

Jan 18, 2015, 04:24 AM
    Our big weakness has been ignoring the geopolitical economic manipulation of certain states/countries. The ideology is MO" MONEY, hidden in fear and drummed up as distraction.

Follow the money!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search