Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markso102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2015, 07:19 AM
    Dual Residency
    I have two residences. One in Pennsylvania, the other in Ohio. How do I obtain dual residency?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 13, 2015, 07:59 AM
    "Dual residence" is sort of a misnomer, at least in regards to the several states of the U.S. You can only be a resident of one state at a time, for the purpose of voting. For other purposes, you also reside in one state or the other; but it will depend on the specific residency requirements for what your residence claim is (i.e: taxation, occupational licensing, college tuition, etc.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Residency? [ 12 Answers ]

I'm wondering what is dual residency? I recently decided to rent an apartment in PA for my job assignment in New York but my home is in Maryland. I'm not sure if this will be considered a PT resident in PA or dual residency? Any feedback is helpful! Thank you!

Dual residency [ 1 Answers ]

My son goes to school in Iowa and our home residence is in Minnesota. Can he claim dual residency? One of his professors said to check into it and he might qualify for reduced tuition. Thanks Shannon

Dual residency? [ 1 Answers ]

I was born and raised in South Dakota. I am now a resident of TX. We live part time in SD and part time in Texas and RV the rest of the year. I want to be a resident of SD. I do not work. My husband wants to remain a resident of Texas. He is medically retired and a Disabled Veteran. Is this...

View more questions Search