Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Jan 11, 2015, 07:26 PM
    Pregnancy test question
    I took a pregnancy test and I waited for two minutes like it said too and it came out negative. I kept it with me because I didn't want anyone to find out that I took one so I kept it in my purse. I took it out of my purse hours later and it showed a faint line acrossed it. Does that mean I am pregnant? Or did keeping it in my purse affect it? I know this is a stupid question, but I just want to make sure.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 07:36 PM
    An at home pregnancy test is only accurate when read after the time specified on the test. Hours later it can show a false positive result that's not accurate.

Having said that, how late is your period? When did you test? Did you test using first morning urine?

Jan 11, 2015, 08:30 PM
    Well I should have started last week but my periods are usually irregular anyway. I took the test around 1pm today. And OK well that's a good sign. I'll just take another one tomorrow morning just to make sure
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 09:16 PM
    When did you last have sex? What date? Go by that if your periods are normally irregular.

I'd wait another week, then test again using first morning urine. If that test is negative wait for your next period. If you miss it test again or get a blood test done.

Realize that a negative pregnancy test doesn't mean you're not pregnant. It can take some women months to get a positive result on a pregnancy test even though they are in fact pregnant. Some women never get a positive result.

If you haven't gotten a period and keep getting negative results, time to see a doctor for a blood test or an ultrasound.

Jan 11, 2015, 10:03 PM
    Ok thank you. Well the last time I had my period was in the beginning of December the first week. To be honest I have sex a lot but only with my boyfriend. So it hard to determine when it happened.
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 11:40 PM
    What type of birth control are you on?

Jan 12, 2015, 09:01 AM
    This is very stupid but to be honest none, but I'm going to call
    My doctor today and get some birth control
    Pets Expert

Jan 12, 2015, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    This is very stupid but to be honest none, but I'm going to call
    My doctor today and get some birth control
    It's a little late now. Wait to find out if you're pregnant before starting any birth control methods. Of course your doctor will have to do a physical before putting you on birth control, and that will involve asking you when your last period was, if you're sexually active, and if there's a possibility of pregnancy, which there most definitely is.

Jan 12, 2015, 11:21 PM
    Well I guess I over reacted I started my period so I'm good. Thanks for the advice though and I'll defiantly be getting some birth control
    Pets Expert

Jan 13, 2015, 06:15 PM
    Glad to hear it.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Pregnancy test question [ 2 Answers ]

I took a pregnancy test today and I have the normal horizontal line but the vertical line is 1/3 of the regular line and is a little bit fainted color then the other line. Does this mean I am pregnant or is it a flase read? Seeing how the vertical line is so skinny and faint?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

Pregnancy Test Question [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that doctors don't advise using blue dye pregnancy test because more times than not they lead to false results? The added picture is the test I took today with FMU but not sure if I should call the Doctor or just wait and test again in a few days.

Pregnancy test question and pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey it's me again... Well, a few days before my period, I had cramping like I usually do before I get my period, but my period usually comes within a day or a couple hours after the cramping... I had mini cramps before my period for 3 days before it finally came. It was heavy like my periods...

View more questions Search