Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seville66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2015, 02:41 PM
    Youth record
    I was in a State School For girls when I was 15 to 17 yrs of age. My dad had me sent. My question is since I'm trying to get my CHL can they hold it against me and where can I find my juvenile record in the State of Texas?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2015, 04:37 PM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on an old thread. So your question has been moved to its own thread.

What is CHL?

As to getting your records, contact a local police dept.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2015, 04:53 PM
    CHL = concealed handgun license.

Do you have a criminal background? Mental health problems?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2015, 05:46 AM
    Don't know the specific rules in TX. I would assume your age would make a difference. The closer you are to 17 the more it might matter. I would be surprised if your whole record wasn't looked at, but the nature of the history might make a difference.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2015, 07:49 AM
    To get your record, bring good identification to the courthouse where your case was handled.
    If Texas is now fully computerized and your case wasn't many years ago, you might be able to find easier options by calling your local courthouse. I don't know how many years is 'many!' Depends on many things. Use the phone, or the state website. Texas.gov, or your county.gov

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my possible employer see my youth record? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 and planning on getting a part time job. I finished my extrajudicial sanctions last February 2012. I know that to get a job, they will do a background check on me, but will the employers be able to see my youth record? I live in Alberta, Canada, by the way.

Youth record in BC, Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry in advance, as my post will be a bit long. I've read inside out, but cannot come up with a definitive answer. As I read more and more, I discover that Canada and USA are quite different in how they deal with young offenders. So this question will likely require someone who has knowledge of...

What happens If you have a previous youth record and later get charged as an adult? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a lengthy youth record from being young and stupid, I was later charged as an adult but I received a conditional discharge meaning it only stays on my record for 3 years, my question is does my youth record still get deleted or because I was found guilty of an adult offence does the youthr...

15 Youth caught shoplift, 18 youth also charge [ 1 Answers ]

Youth 18 , New offender of shoplifting with a 15 boyfriend, a headphone in question was found in the 15 year old. But the 18 year old also receive appear to court, the likely outcome is what the parent concern.

View more questions Search