Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BillM3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 10:37 AM
    The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.
    Problem: I get the "not presently configured" message when I try to open any Office 2003 programs.

Background: I recently had to reinstall Win XP on my Compaq desktop. Unable to locate my Compaq restore disk, I used the restore disk from my Dell laptop. XP successfully loaded on my D drive (The orig XP is on my C drive). Now every time I try to load an Office program I get this message. I am reluctant to reinstall Office as I don't want to loose my calendar and contact files.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Apr 11, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Howdy:

Unfortunately what you did was very illegal and your problem is probably due to a Dell Recovery cd installing hardware drivers/programs not compatible with your Compaq.

Call Compaq and get a new install cd.

Murray
    BillM3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SESaskDFC
    Howdy:

Unfortunately what you did was very illegal and your problem is probably due to a Dell Recovery cd installing hardware drivers/programs not compatible with your Compaq.

Call Compaq and get a new install cd.

Murray
    Thanks for the response. I did contact Compaq before I did anything and was told they no longer offered restore discs for my computer. I have now found my original Compaq restore disc and am backing up required files before reformatting the C drive and using my restore software.

Thanks again.
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Apr 12, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Good.. that should fix you up.

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP Home operating System [ 6 Answers ]

:eek: OK... this one has me stumped... My son did something to my old(now His) computer, and tried to do a full recovery on it. There is an 80gig as a master, and a 20gig slave. Recovery stopped at 33%, installation CD's at 85%. I took the drives out and put the 80 gig in mine, recovered it and ...

Accounting homework,operating investing or finance long run [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, First time using this site, I have a homework question in accounting, Which of the 3 types of activities (operating, investing or financing) is the best source of cash for a company in the long run?

No Operating System [ 7 Answers ]

I have a IBM 390X laptop, and the computer has successfully completed the hard disk data wiping process. Al Data on the computer is now unrecoverable. The computer is designed for win98, and I have a CD Windows 98 Second Edition. What are the steps I need to take to get this computer working...

View more questions Search