Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stin09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2005, 06:55 PM
    French Citizenship
    I have yet another question on applying for French Citizenship. I was born in the US, but my father had permanent residency in France in the 60s because he came from a French Colony, Laos. He also obtained both his undergraduate and masters degree in France. However, when he moved to the U.S. he did not renew his residency. Also, my grandmother has lived in France for the last 30 years and has a permanent residency, but did not apply for citizenship and has recently passed away. Am I eligible to apply for citizenship because of my father because I can prove he was a permanent resident and received education from there? Or through my grandmother?
    GAPA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2005, 04:37 PM
    French Citizenship
    My father how now is dead, was born in France in 1924. Due to WWII 1943 he fled the country and came to leave to El Salvador. Has no French passort but I do have his documents from the local government City Hall which is proof that he was born in France. Can I as a son aplay for French Citizenship and under what law?
    Thank You
    Gabriel Panama
    jammyllama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Hi Gabriel,
    My boyfriend is in a similar situation at the moment, French father- (who has since dissapeared) and now my boyfrind wants to stay in europe and is having a hard time applying for french nationality. Just wondered if you've managed to get any further with this problem, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search