Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clarkeshark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2015, 09:33 PM
    Oregon sub tenant won't leave, help
    My husband and I live in Oregon. We are on the lease. Our friend needed help so we let him move in. He pays us $150 every 2 weeks. He was under one rule only, stay clean and sober. It is now 6 months later and he is using again. We don't feel safe, he goes through our room, in all our things, wore my husbands underwear,. omg, it goes on.

We want him out. He is claiming he legally has 30 days to stay. Is this true. He signed nothing stating anything. He did agree to one thing though... if he used drugs, he had to leave...

What can we do??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 9, 2015, 05:47 AM
    Sorry, but yes he's right. You accepted him as your tenant. So you are his landlord and to evict him, you have to follow the law to evict. I couldn't find anything specific for bi-weekly tenancies, So you may have to actually give him 30 days notice to vacate. But I would check with someone local. Since he pays every other week, its possible you can get away with a 2 week notice.

But you have to give him written notice with a deadline according to local law. If he doesn't leave, then you have to go to court to obtain an eviction order.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 9, 2015, 10:37 AM
    I basically agree with ScottGem said. Also, if he is violating the criminal laws, and you can prove it, you can see it he can be arrested for that. I believe that drug abuse is still prohibited in your state. Also, it appears that wearing your husband's underwear without permission, besides sounding somewhat kinky, might also be considered a form of criminal trespass. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant won't leave! [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my tenant 90 day notice to vacate and she is not leaving. My house just got approved for a short sale and has a new buyer. What should I do? I am in California. Thanks!

Tenant won't leave [ 7 Answers ]

I have a tenant with a month to month lease. He has not paid rent in 3 months. He has been served with 3 day notice and 30 day notice. He has since physically left, moved into hotel. But all belongings are still here. I have not gotten the keys back. How long must I wait to remove his stuff. Do I...

Tenant won't leave - Chicago [ 2 Answers ]

I rented out my condo July 2008. Since January his rent has been late. A couple of times checks even bounced, but he expressed great remorse and was able to make up the payments. Because of the economy his work hours have been drastically reduced. I'm very sympathetic, but I need to keep it...

Non-leased tenant died; family won't leave [ 1 Answers ]

We have an issue with a tenant that died about 3 months ago and never renewed his lease. The problem now is that his ex-wife(who hasn't been married to him or lived with him for 15 years) and her kids and grandchildren have all moved into the house right after he passed away. They have not and...

'Tenant Lease Expired And Won't Leave' [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, (Sorry for a second post - Profile stated No questions recorded at log-in) I want to make sure I am doing things right during an eviction and during future court date. Everything I state below, can be validated in writing from communication between current tenant and myself. Tenant...

View more questions Search