Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

Jan 8, 2015, 04:27 PM
    How can I stop myself thinking I look fat?
    Sorry hi again

What I'm about to say I hope I don't offend anyone, sorry if I do?

I can't stop thinking that I am fat, and I hate it. I try to exercise more and eat less. How can I stop myself thinking I look fat?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 9, 2015, 08:20 AM
    First off if you are eating less then you should be you could be putting your body into starvation mode, which means your energy levels will be WAY down and your body will be putting any excess energy away as fat. It seems counter intuitive, but that's your body for you. First make sure that you're eating the proper amount of food and getting the right amount of nutrients and energy from your diet. The exercise will probably work a little better.

I hate asking this question, but why do you think you're fat? How old are you? Height? Weight?

The harshest judge of ourselves is ourself. If you were to put yourself and someone who had the same body type, size, height, weight, you wouldn't be as harsh to point out their flab or how fat they were. Chances are that you would probably think they looked kind of cute. What you need to do is convince yourself that you look good. Not that you look thin, or normal, or fat, but that you look good. This starts with your wardrobe. A lot of people think that the clothing size number means something. It doesn't, it is just a way for manufactures to track the different sizes they do and to give you a rough estimate of what size a garment is. A size 8 from once store could be a 4 in another and a 12 in another store. You need to figure out and pick out fashion that complements your body shape. For example, a size 10 might fit your belly but be tight around your bottom, but if the size 12 is better around your bottom then get that one and tailor around your belly. I am not explaining this very well.

A lot of this is accepting and being happy with that body that you have. You need to realize that all the imperfections you see and feel bad about are the same imperfections that everyone else has. What you see and what you've been told to covet as beautiful are really rare in the general population. The next time you are out to a mall, sit there for a while and watch the people going by, look at them. You'll see that you're not as bad as you think and that you're a beautiful person.

Jan 9, 2015, 09:13 AM
    Thank you!
    Why do I think I'm fat I don't know I just look in the mirror or at myself and think I look huge.

I am 16 years old and I weigh 7 stone and my height is 5.5ft (think that is how you would write it) and I'm size 6 in clothes.

And thank you I will try the mall thing, and what you said.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2015, 09:30 AM
    5ft 5'' and 98 pounds?? You ain't hardly fat at all!! Go get a makeover and knock 'em dead foxy young lady!

Jan 9, 2015, 09:42 AM
    Thank you and will try that.
    Expert

Jan 9, 2015, 09:53 AM
    Take a stick, or a body guard wherever you go to keep the horndogs at bay! ;D

I think you have let events and situations shake your confidence.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...do-806412.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...nt-806372.html

Shop 'til you drop usually works for ALL females! :D

Jan 9, 2015, 10:06 AM
    Thank you and yeah and I will try thanks
    Expert

Jan 9, 2015, 10:09 AM
    Not very talkative today huh?

Jan 9, 2015, 10:27 AM
    Don't really know what else to say, apart that I don't really like myself anyway, and I will try that shopping thing as do like shopping and thanks for commenting and don't have a lot of confidence at all but I'm going to try to work on that by the suggestions you guys made.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jan 9, 2015, 02:12 PM
    Hi,
    Google the fat people images instead of slim, and look at them and say to yourself, Oh I am not fat. It's a lie, I am better, good, perfect for my age.. etc That's it. :)

Jan 9, 2015, 02:22 PM
    Okay thank you, will do
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2015, 03:46 PM
    You have a poor body image, and at your weight and height there's no need for you to. You're actually underweight, and should gain a few pounds.

If this poor self image is as bad as you're stating it is, where you don't eat, then this is a major concern.

It's time to talk to a therapist about this before this becomes a major health issue.

Jan 9, 2015, 04:07 PM
    Okay thank you, I'm am currently going to see one Monday and I will mention it.
    allen dawson Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2015, 01:14 AM
    Do some exercise, avoid processed food keep it as natural as possible.

Feb 24, 2015, 11:56 AM
    Okay thank you!
    Draftstar1213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2015, 12:04 PM
    OMG you are not even close to fat don't ever think that please because I weight 129 and I'm 13

Feb 24, 2015, 12:06 PM
    Okay thank you!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 24, 2015, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Draftstar1213 View Post
    OMG you are not even close to fat don't ever think that please because I weight 129 and I'm 13
    Kiddo, you're not overweight either.

Are you male or female? How tall are you?

You can't judge whether you're overweight by how much you weigh, it's not accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex. [ 3 Answers ]

4 months ago I broke up with my ex. He was a very sweet loving guy but the reason we broke up was because of me. We were together for 2 years. Since then I have been dating a old friend of mine that fancied me when I was with my ex. We have dated before when we were younger. He treats me like a...

How to stop thinking of her? [ 3 Answers ]

There is this girl that I really like. I can't stop thinking of her, and I asked her before how does she feel about me. She keeps saying I don't know at the moment, but I feel like she gives me signals that she likes me too. But every time I try to ask her if something will ever happen between...

I can't stop thinking about her? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm stuck. I don't know what to do. Why is this happening to me. Everyday I wish I could scream at her so that she could see what she does to me. Here's the story, I recently just moved and I'm in a new school, in a new state, senior year of high school. You would think things are already bad...

How do I stop thinking about this [ 10 Answers ]

I am quite successful at my age, female, early 20s, Senior System engineer, very hardworking... however I keep thinking how I can become more successful and climb the corporate ladder faster on a daily basis. I do have a quite balanced life, work, gym, friends etc. During day time at work, I...

I can't stop thinking about her [ 7 Answers ]

A few days ago I was hanging out with a few friends... theres this one girl there that I sort of had feeings for at the time... we drank a little bit and one thing led to another and we ended up getting together... now I don't know if she likes me or wants to be with me or anything because I don't...

View more questions Search