Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wanchope1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
    No cold water from Kitchen tap
    Hi All,

This is my first post so please excuse my numptiness.

I live in an apartment block and the cold water tap in the kitchen has tightened and there is no water coming out. The hot water tap in the kitchen is fine.The bath taps and sink taps in the bathroom are both fine. Just wondering if there is anything straightforward I can check or whether it is a plumber job.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Paul
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 11:52 AM
    You may have some difficulty doing any repair unless you find a shut off below your sink. If there is no shut off there you would need to go to the main. Does each apartment have its own meter and main? You should ask your landlord to look into this problem. It is his duty to repair plumbing and you could break something and be held responsible. Get back with your answers and we'll go from there.
    wanchope1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Hi Ballengerb,

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure of the answers regarding the meter and main but will raise it with the Management company.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2007, 12:11 PM
    If you have a shut-off under the sink, you might like to try tapping on it with a hammer and turning the shut-off handle to various positions. Scale and rust can sometimes plug things up in the valve.

I have had the same problem where either the hot or cold was not working and was advised to do the above. It worked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

No water running from Cold water Tap [ 2 Answers ]

I get water in my hot water tap but do not get water in cold water tap. I open the tap fully but not a drop. Any suggestions? Please help.

No cold water from wall tap [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, For the past few weeks the cold water tap that flows into the washing machine has been working some days, not on others. I can't seem to locate a pattern on when/why it decides to work. The hot water always works. I thought it might have been the washing machine, but nothing is coming from...

Hot water from cold water tap [ 7 Answers ]

We recently had a plumber in to raise the temperature in our shower. He fiddled about, turning various supply pipes on and off and then deemed he couldn't do anything as he didn't have the part. Although he is supposed to have put the system back the way it was, we now have hot water coming out of...

Cold water tap! AHHH [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all I'm new and have so many questions about so many things so I thought id start here... When I turn on my bath taps the hot comes on fine but you can turn the cold tap on nearly full blast before it makes a funny noise and cold water starts actually coming out of it! Not good when your...

View more questions Search