Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    user2ba20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2015, 12:52 PM
    Asking JAVA questions
    So the current application has existing code that has a UI designed in a tree view. The objective is to design the new application with a grid view.

When designing the application does is have to be programmed on the back end to present the data as a grid or can this just be handled on the front end. The data will be dynamic…
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2015, 12:54 PM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 6, 2015, 01:09 PM
    Up to you.

I work on a large scale data acquisition system. A lot of the code that does the heavy lifting is in the GUI bits of the program. This is frustrating and has lead to numerous cases where changes and upgrades take a LOT longer then they should have. You have your backend logic, the GUI is just a means to display it.
    user2ba20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2015, 01:32 PM
    I really appreciate the responses. And do not expect anyone to write the code. The code is old code and has been re-factored but its been built on an old foundation. The tree view presentation is old and not current…I was just curious is other programmers have run into a similar issue where in using tree views interconnected with back end due to functionality…that it was just easier to gut and lay down a new code foundation to improve functionality and efficiency.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 6, 2015, 04:56 PM
    Keep those as far apart as you can. You should be able to put a new front end on the back end code with minimal changes, and be able to access and use the code outside of the program. Easier for sharing modules. It is a painful thing, but it will save you time in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Java questions [ 0 Answers ]

Modify the application so it will only accept customer type codes r and c. It should also discard any extra entries on the customer type line. If the user enters an invalid code, the application should display an error message and ask the user to enter a valid code. This should be done first...

Where to ask java questions [ 0 Answers ]

--- Rerendring any Richfaces JSF components Disable jQuery --- Facing an Issue ---- if I select any component from whole screen jQuery is not working in richfaces, if I Refresh the page jQuery works fine, but when I select a component jQuery don't work. Further Explanation: I have a page...

Ask questions about java [ 0 Answers ]

How do I measure Cyclomatic complexity for a java code which has abstract classes and packages. Its actually an anagram code and I have no idea how to calculate Cyclomatic complexity nor instability to that code. Please help me!

Ask questions of java [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have written the code to read messages from queue.But when I deploy this in weblogic 9.2 after creating a jar file it is showing unmarshaller failed Below is the code MyMdb.java package com.mdb.ejb;

Ask questions regarding java [ 0 Answers ]

) If any situation system is goes in deadlock condition,how you can recover from that situation programmitically. b) How you can decide when to use static class or interface. What is difference between the two. Which one is better to use in which situation.

View more questions Search