Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chanachur Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2015, 02:15 AM
    A 0.24 g sample of compound of oxygen and boron was found by analysis to contain 0.09
    A 0.24 g sample of compound of oxygen and boron was found by analysis to contain 0.096 g of boron and 0.144 g of oxygen. Calculate the percentage composition of the compound by weight.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2015, 12:20 PM
    Here's some tips:

There are formulas that explain percent as a part to whole ratio, For each percent you are going to have 1/100th of the whole. Boron is .096/.24ths of the whole. How many percents equal Boron? Lets set up an equation.

Give it a try, post your results, we can help from there.

Try to set up the equation for percent of oxygen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boron [ 2 Answers ]

What's the atomic number of boron?

A sample of a compound boils away completely as is melting point. Is it a mixture? [ 2 Answers ]

A sample of a compound boils away completely as is melting point. Is it a mixture or a pure substance?

What kind of bonding would occur between ammonia and boron trichloride? [ 1 Answers ]

Or between ammonia and aluminium trichloride; I have a choice between the two. It's the last question in my assignment : ) I am thinking maybe dative covalent/co-ordinate bonding between the two lone electrons on the nitrogen of the ammonia ion and the boron of the BCl3?

View more questions Search